Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain why pain and brain fog are worse with low barometric pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone explain why pain and brain fog are worse with low barometric pressure

I have been feeling so good until today when the barometric pressure started dropping. It always gives me shooting pains in the areas I have had issues in the past. I am trying to understand this. Can anyone explain it? For some reason I feel better about all of this when I understand what is happening. I wonder if it comes from the brain, or spinal cord or if the actual nerve in my pelvis and leg has been damaged. Also when the pressure drops I can go from feeling happy and like my brain is working well to confused and sad within a few seconds. I know it sounds crazy but I always look at the accuweather app on my phone when I start to feel pain or sadness/brain fog come on suddenly and the pressure is always dropping.

Some of us have discussed this before, so you are not the only one to be affected by low pressure systems! I feel this way too. I live in an area where these weather systems come though and stay for awhile , so I know exactly what you're saying.

I found this interesting article that explains why it affects pain, depression and fatigue. http://psychcentral.com/blog/archive...orm-is-coming/

Hopefully, it will help educate you so you feel better (at least by knowing) what happens to your body.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
    X