How long for delivery of Copaxone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long for delivery of Copaxone?

Yesterday afternoon I ordered a refill of my Copaxone to be delivered today. Just got the UPS tracking number. It was packed yesterday at 2:30pm and was ready for UPS pick up. Arrived at a UPS center at 8:57pm last night.

Now it gets a bit confusing - said it arrived at a UPS distribution center at 1:01am after departing the original center at 10:59pm (that's usual - take about two hours from one to the another). It was again scanned at 4:35am.
    As of now, it's back at the original UPS warehouse with a note that at 2:44pm it's in transit to a UPS facility (it's now 5PM).

Am I a bit too concerned that it's been packed for over 24 hours? It's 89 degrees here. I doubt it's arriving today and don't know if I should accept it if it does. But if it arrives tomorrow, it's really been sitting on ice (which will be well melted) for quite a while....

The frozen ice packs last for days. When it arrives just check to see if it is still cold. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck

Comment

I had a delay in my delivery this winter. I tell you what happened to me, but I suggest you call Shared Solutions.

My shipment was delayed by a week in February when there was an ice storm in Tennessee. I called Shared Solutions the day after it was supposed to be delivered. I was calling almost everyday for that next week. I was unable to track it with Fedx. After about 5 days Shared Solutions decided to ship new Copaxone. I was to call them when the first box came and let them know what condition it was in. Both boxes arrived on the same day. When I opened the older box the ice pack were completely melted and warm. I called and Shared Solutions wanted to know if the vials looked cloudy at all. They did not so I was instructed to use them. I was to keep the new Copaxone and they would not bill my insurance until the next month. I did not have any problems when using the old batch.

Remember that Copaxone can be unrefridgerated for a month and be okay. Now of course, my delayed shipment was not subjected to 89 degrees but it was in the 70s during that time and it had stayed on the truck unrefridgerated, so it might have been subjected to higher temps.

Again call Shared Solutions and they will sort it out. Good luck!
      MS is not a crisis in my life. It is just a chapter within my life.

Comment

Yes; the frozen pack lasts for days. And, Copaxone can be unrefrigerated for up to 30 days and still be fine. Call Shared Solutions if you have questions.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

My Copaxone is delivered without me ordering it; and it's always early. ACS (I think that's right) delivers it.

Have you noticed the new card in the box with the circle on it? Should that circle turn colors, it's been out too long. Check through the box if you haven't noticed it.
          You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

Comment

No, I haven't noticed

any card with the Copaxone. Where exactly is it? Inside the actual box containing the Copaxone? I'm getting a delivery on Wednesday - will be sure to look for it!

Comment

Originally posted by its2much View Post
              any card with the Copaxone. Where exactly is it? Inside the actual box containing the Copaxone? I'm getting a delivery on Wednesday - will be sure to look for it!

It's in the front of the box; if there is not one contact shared solutions and ask about the card. The company who delivers it may place it in the box. Someone from the company calls me periodically to see how things are going, in addition to shared solutions. Let me know if the card is in your box.

Shalom, Suzanne
              You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

Comment

No Card Anywhere in the box

If I believe UPS tracking, the Copaxone was packaged at least 28 hours before I received it. Ice packs were all melted. Additionally, past few shipments have fewer ice packs - they now use ice packs plus those plastic air-filled balloon like packing things which results in fewer ice packs. Everything, including the actual wrapped syringes, are damp. There are water droplets on the plastic bag that contains the box of copaxone. Spoke with Shared Solutions a while back regarding damp packaging for sytringes - was told not to worry about it.

Comment

Working...
                X