Liver enzymes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liver enzymes?

I"ve been on G since jan 29 2015. I know that MS meds aren't supposed to help you feel better but I do. The stiffness and tingly and numbness in my left hand is getting A LOT better. My fatigue isn't nearly as bad as it was. Even with the heat and cutting the grass the other day my hand was not as horrible as a few months ago. I have my MRI on Friday and I am really not expecting to see anything new and i'm hoping for some shrinking.

My concern is I just did my first round of blood work and my liver enzymes were high.... The Dr. Said "slightly" elevate. alkaline phosphate 155 ggt 128 ast 42 alt 38 Everything else was with in normal range.

Dr. said that he wants to recheck again in a month. Does anyone have any experience with elevate liver enzymes... how high do they usually let them get before the pull you off the meds?
    Sos219
    4/24/2014
    Avonex

Gilenya 1/29/2015- present

I keep meaning to reply to your post with my liver enzyme numbers, but I can't find them. I'm going to keep digging. I need to go in soon for more blood work.

I've been on Gilenya for over a year, and my liver enzymes did go up. They were elevated, but not high enough for my Neuro to take me off for the first year. (My neuro tolerated higher numbers than my primary care doctor, who sent me for an abdominal ultrasound to check my liver.) Then suddenly they spiked up much higher after I had been on it for almost a year. She became concerned, and was considering pulling me off.

A week before the blood test that showed the much higher levels, I had taken some high doses of ibuprofen for a few days. I also took an allergy medicine and a couple other meds and supplements. With my doctor's approval, I quit everything except the Gilenya and by my next blood test my numbers were back to the normal range. She was astounded by how fast the levels fell, and feels the ibuprofen and possibly some of the other meds I was taking caused the spike.

If I find my labs, I'll let you know the numbers.
    Optic Neuritis in 2004, Dx with RRMS in 2012. Copaxone, Sept. 2012 - September 2013. Gilenya, February 2014 -

Comment

Working...
    X