Are coffee enemas effective ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are coffee enemas effective ?

I was consulting a doctor who specialized in a range of alternative therapies. I had to stop consulting with him when he suggested that I have something inserted into my butt like getting an enema ! I thought it was a strange alternative treatment and I never went to that doctor again ! Any others heard of this?

far from an expert

30 years of nursing and with an emphasis on complimentary health care within the past 12 years I have never heard of a coffee enema.

But, have heard of colon cleansing which is the basis of the coffee enema. This is used to clear the toxins out of the colon.

There is much more studies by the medical field to eat items on a steady basis so that the colon cleansing is not needed. This would include the paleo (spelling?) diet, the mediterranean diet, and gluten free diet.

Having some question regarding a coffee enema is a good thing. A colon cleansing can be very hard and has to be done in a correct manner especially for someone with a chronic condition, such as MS.
    God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Coffee enemas can actually cause numerous dangerous side effects, including infections, sepsis, hyponatremia (too low of sodium in the blood), other electrolyte imbalances, colitis, heart failure, fluid buildup around the heart and lungs, and even has lead to death in numerous cases. I would personally steer clear.
      Diagnosed with RRMS on 3/15/2013...beware the ides of March!
      Rebif from 5/2013 - 09/2014.
      Gilenya since 11/2014.
      Also taking vitamin D3, fish oil, magnesium, and B12.
      EDSS 3.

Comment

I didn't need to ask my PCP about this unconventional therapy. I just ran away. There may be something positive to it,but I am not willing to be a trial subject.

Comment

O.K. This post is an absolute gut bust!!

I am shaking with laughter...I needed this. LOL LOL LOL LOL
          Katie
          "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
          "My MS is a Journey for One."
          Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Yeah, I've heard of them...and then quickly clicked on something else to "cleanse" it out of my brain. Was this guy even a real doctor? I've heard of integrative medicine, but always thought that was mostly yoga, hypnosis, acupuncture, etc. This guy sounds like a menace. You did the right thing!
            PPMS
            Dx 07/13

Comment

KatieAgain, you get it ! I am glad that you had a laugh. I was shooting for that response ! Sort of ! I was treated very professionally by this doctor but after about 3 years, he began to suggest treatments that were a little too unconventional and weird for me to accept.
              I just want to find a little joy and laughter to help me get through the day. I just want a little peace of mind !

Comment

I will continue to enjoy my morning coffee from the other end.

But(t) thanks for the entertainment!

Comment

I was going to a chiropractic office, and I told one of the drs that I was having major constipation. He recommended a coffee enema. I looked it up online. There was no way I was flushing my colon with coffee. Good grief. There are other ways.

Comment

Originally posted by mom 2 4 cats View Post
                    I will continue to enjoy my morning coffee from the other end.

Oh my!!! Lol, lol ,lol!!!!
                    Karen

Comment

I am happy to bring a little laughter to y'all ! Not on the menu at Starbucks! Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
                        I didn't need to ask my PCP about this unconventional therapy. I just ran away. There may be something positive to it,but I am not willing to be a trial subject.
                        How was your mobility before the conversation? Maybe it IS an effective therapy.

Comment

lol - that's funny too, BadAttitude!
                          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                          X