high potassium levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

high potassium levels

Has anyone else had high potassium levels while on Aubagio?

I have been taking this for about 2 months now. I know that I am supposed to have blood work done each month for the first 6 months - but my Neuro office hasn't returned any of my calls over the past month or sent the paperwork for me to have blood drawn. I just happened to have my annual physical about a month ago. The blood work he requested showed elevated potassium (and he seemed concerned by it).

I've also been more tired than usual on this medication, barely able to stay awake in the afternoons, and had one infection requiring antibiotics.

All of this makes me nervous about continuing this med, especially since my Neuro apparently won't order the advised blood work. I will be switching Neuros but can't get in to my new one for a few months. I am considering stopping Aubagio until I can talk with him.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

phoebe

I started Aubagio Jan. 2013 so if I remember correctly:

You should have had a pre-blood test as a baseline before starting, then monthly lab work for 6 months after starting for liver check. My Dr. gave me a "standing-order".

High potassium level is a side effect so you should consult your Dr.

Another option is to discuss with you One-to-One nurse.

Good luck working thru this.

Comment

Working...
    X