Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Having Trouble Getting Avonex Pen Prescription Filled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Having Trouble Getting Avonex Pen Prescription Filled?

I have been on the Avonex Pen since it first came out. Went to fill my script and pharmacy is telling me they are having trouble getting it. Want to give me the regular syringes, which I can't give myself. Wondering if anyone else has had a problem getting their script filled. Wondering if Biogen is doing this so people will switch to Plegridy. Feeling very frustrated.

I used to have problems. My ms nurse showed me that I was holding the pen too low. I no longer have problems.
    Grasp the pen handle in your fist right near the top, so the thumb does not have to stretch up at all. It really makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by annedocuk View Post
      I used to have problems. My ms nurse showed me that I was holding the pen too low. I no longer have problems.
      Grasp the pen handle in your fist right near the top, so the thumb does not have to stretch up at all. It really makes a difference.
      I think she means the pharmacy does not have it in stock & is wondering if other people are having the same issue...
      Diagnosed: May 2012
      Medications: Avonex - stopped 12/14
      Plegridy - starting 12/14

Comment

Avonex Pen

HI Annedocuk- I'm glad I came across your comment about holding the pen too low. Are things still going ok with your shots? I am thinking about switching to the Avonex pen.

Comment

Yes I am coping fine with the shots. The pen suits me much better than the previous self inject method, and having been shown about holding the pen high up, never had a problem pushing button. I did before.
          Now only miserable cos have had to give up work!

Comment

Yes I am coping fine with the shots. The pen suits me much better than the previous self inject method, and having been shown about holding the pen high up, never had a problem pushing button. I did before.
            Now only miserable cos have had to give up work!
            Annedocuk I am very glad to here that the pen suites you now. Did you have to give up work due to MS symptoms? I also gave up work years ago but feel much better without the pressures of work adding to my MS.
            Ginny

Comment

Yes I gave up because of ms. I loved the job though, and without the motivation to go off to work, and lack of good mobility, I am becoming a very miserable couch potato! Are you already using avonex? If so, don't hesitate to switch to the pen as it is easy, honestly!

Comment

Yes I gave up because of ms. I loved the job though, and without the motivation to go off to work, and lack of good mobility, I am becoming a very miserable couch potato! Are you already using avonex? If so, don't hesitate to switch to the pen as it is easy, honestly!
                As long as I am approved for financial assistance come January 1st, I plan to do the avonex pen. I have been using Avonex 18 years. Are you able to get a little bit of exercise?

Comment

I drive to the supermarket, and walk round with a trolley! I do little other exercise, I am afraid, but it is possibly partly that I just can not be bothered. It will be better when I have got used to having no daily focus, I guess. I play online scrabble. Maybe when winter is over.......

Comment

Working...
                  X