Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit of a miracle

Hello, my dear fellow MSers:

It has been a very long time since I have posted anything, but I follow you all closely and am always cheering for you. I come to you tonight to tell you of a minor miracle. No one on this planet but you understands my quiet joy and complete gratitude for the gift that I discuss below. Your presence here-- your stories of successes and your efforts at overcoming your challenges gave me the courage to try again. I am forever and deeply indebted to you.

I was diagnosed in 2009 at the age of 57. Not long afterwards, I had to leave my work-- I am a professor and researcher--which absolutely broke my heart.

Amazingly, after a series of odd and improbable coincidences, last September, I was recruited to teach again at a local university in their graduate psychology program. The University was amazingly accommodating and has recently offered me a full time job. I absolutely adore my students and they have responded to me in a way that is gracious and affirming. They recognize that I am bringing them all I have to give and they work hard in response. They inspire me!

So here I am 63 years old, with MS still seriously kicking my skinny butt, and yet I am back doing the work I adore. I know I am on borrowed time but today, right this moment I am able to remember who I am and contribute in the way that I love the most.

Every so often we are reminded that MS is less than we are.

Bless you all and thank you!
    Ritalinda

Defya, I love hearing from MSers who find their way back to doing the work they love. You were lucky the first time around, now with a second chance, I have to agree it's a bit of a miracle. Take care and enjoy your 2nd bite at the apple.

Comment

That is such wonderful news!! So happy for you. You just gave me such hope as I struggle with having to consider work options. I love teaching as part of my nursing job. Students surprise you all the time and keep you young. Yay!!!

Comment

Working...
      X