Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Poll on Aubagio!

Hi there!

I'll be switching my DMT soon. I haven't even been diagnosed a year and the I was on Rebif and just couldn't cut it. I have alot of other health issues I'm dealing with right now but the depression snagged me very bad. One on the recommended drugs was aubagio. Please whose ever on the drug could you please share an opinion. Some of the posts I was reading were a couple years old.

Thanks in advance....
    Diamond

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Hi Diamond,
    Sorry you've had to switch meds so fast, that's got to be so frustrating.
    It took me a long time to even decide to begin taking anything. I struggle with eczema, so an injectable was not an option.
    My neuro preferred Aubagio because of milder reported side effects & once daily dosing. OK - let's give it a whirl. Neuro ordered baseline blood tests for liver function & WBC & a couple other things. Tests to be repeated monthly for 6 months.
    4 months later... I had about 2 weeks of mild diarreha almost a month after starting. Never even bad enough to need OTC meds. My appetite is a bit less than normal, but again, no big deal. All my monhly blood tests have come back good.

I feel good. Haven't had any relapse issues. I'm due to see my neuro in July and will have a new MRI then. Overall, I think the Aubagio has been good for me.
    I think you're smart to get as much info as you can before making a decision. Good luck.
    "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
    Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Hi TinaP303!!!

Thank you for your response and you really made me think. I was diagnosed 9 months ago and everything went in a whirlwind affect.......fast and furious when it came to a drug. The nurse told me it will take two to three weeks for the Rebif to get out of my system. I'm not going to rush with a decision, like you said. I'm going to investigate all my options. Thank you for youkind words and wisom.

Sincerely......
      Diamond

Diagnosed 6-28-14
      RRMS
      Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Hi Diamond,
        Glad that I could help, even a bit.
        Keep gathering info, but don't wait too long. I did & a (thankfully minor) relapse is what kicked my butt into gear and got me actually taking the meds.
        I've done a whole lot of reading since then. Every source says the same thing. No one can predict when or how severe a relapse will be. But it will happen. Those of us "lucky" enough to get a quick & early diagnosis have the best chance to protect ourselves. Rather like wearing a seatbelt in a car. It's a for our protection. Now we need to find the best "fit".
        Best wishes.
        Tina
        "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
        Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

2 1/2 Years on Aubagio

I have been on Aubagio since my dx 2 1/2 years ago. I have lost weight because of lack of appetite, have lost some hair, but I have had NO flares since then. That means the world to me. I feel like I have progressed but not too much. I have developed new symptoms since starting the med but still no new lesions on my MRI's. Therefore, I think it is working.

Comment

Working...
          X