Just Started!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Started!

Just started with Rebif, currently on week 2. I have to say I am loving this Rebismart device...what could be easier?! I am having site reactions though, even on this low dose. I am wondering if that dissipates over time as your body adjust to the drug, or if I will forever be covered in red spots? I am also set at the deepest needle depth setting, but am noticing some medication bubbling out after injection. Does anyone have any tips or advice? Momentum helped me reset the injection speed, so hoping this helps. I discontinued Copaxone because of the site reactions, I am really hoping Rebif works for me as this delivery system is AWESOME. No other side effect yet, other than the red spots.

Hellooooo

Originally posted by Mich View Post
    Just started with Rebif, currently on week 2. I have to say I am loving this Rebismart device...what could be easier?! I am having site reactions though, even on this low dose. I am wondering if that dissipates over time as your body adjust to the drug, or if I will forever be covered in red spots? I am also set at the deepest needle depth setting, but am noticing some medication bubbling out after injection. Does anyone have any tips or advice? Momentum helped me reset the injection speed, so hoping this helps. I discontinued Copaxone because of the site reactions, I am really hoping Rebif works for me as this delivery system is AWESOME. No other side effect yet, other than the red spots.
    Welcome to the Rebif club, Mich! Sorry you have to join.

So far I only had a reaction on the butt shot and I think it's because I didn't let the alcohol dry all the way (because I couldn't see it). I ALWAYS make sure to take the shot out of the fridge 45 mins to 1 hour beforehand. I also massage the area for 45 mins or so afterwards while watching TV or whatever so the medicine disperses. Maybe that will help?

how are you doing with feeling sick, etc after the shot? I am determined to not pre medicate (Tylenol hurts the liver, Advil hurts the kidneys) but so far that's not working out... I'm on the 22 still right now but titrate up to 44 next Wednesday.
    "It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

I am still on 8.8 dose, so no side effects so far. I do wake up during the night, but that could be any number of things from menopause to a senile old cat. I have been taking a Tylenol Night time before the shot/bed so maybe that's helping. I am the queen of bad side effects to almost everything, so I have my fingers crossed this is the one. Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Hello and welcome! I have been taking Rebif for about two years now. I take the 44 mcg dose. For whatever reason, luck I guess, I get very few side effects from Rebif. The worst is just the little pinchy feeling from injecting at the full dosage. I do take Advil beforehand, but I have taken Rebif without before too and not right before bed. It just left me a bit achy and tired during the day (I was trying to keep from traveling with it so I took it first thing one morning). The red splotches haven't ever completely gone away for me, but they get a lot less prominent over time. I also had no trouble titrating up beyond a few initial bouts of insomnia, like you mention. I wish you the same luck!

Comment

I was on rebif for 13yrs & every time I got red spots. You get used to it.
          MS dx's 2000
          Tysabrian

¤ fate is not just who's cooking smells good, but which way the wind blows ¤

Comment

I just had my first 8.8mcg Rebif injection yesterday and felt miserable starting 3 hours after injection with a fever, body aches and chills

Comment

Working...
            X