What kind of MS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of MS?

How does the Dr decide what type of MS you have?
    Tracy

The majority of those with MS are diagnosed with Relapsing/Remitting (RR). This can change overtime as your Neurologist follows your disease course.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/What-is-MS/Types-of-MS
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

And, some doctors, even when it appears that a patient has SPMS or PPMS, chart patients as RRMS because insurance is more likely to deny DMD meds with the other diagnoses.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I am not an expert on the types of MS but the different types of MS have different symptoms and disability develops differently. The NMSS has very clear descriptions of the different types of MS. I think that some people, that don't know anything about MS, think thzat there is a 'good' type of MS. lol There isn't! MS sucks ! That's all there is to it.

Comment

Hi SNOOPY! Long time since I've been on. But good to see you still are! 😊
          "I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay"
          DX'D RRMS December 31,2007. Started Betaseron January 1,2008.
          (Most expensive New Years Present)

Comment

Originally posted by GGBEE View Post
            Hi SNOOPY! Long time since I've been on. But good to see you still are! 😊
            Hi GGBEE! Nice to see you again! I do hope you stay around
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
            X