When is the best time to take Aubagio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is the best time to take Aubagio?

I finally got the go-ahead to start Aubagio, the 14 mg tablet.

I have been on Betaseron 5 1/2 years so looking forward to no shots! Yeah!!!! Not worried about hair loss or thinning (I am already bald)

Here are my questions:
    • When during the day do you recommend I take the pill?
    • Empty or full stomach?
    • Anything I should do in advance about heartburn ?
    • Any other advice or things to look out for?

Thanks for all the help.
    Mike
    Possible MS 1998, RRMS, Dx 2009. Betaseron- Sep '09 - April '15, Aubagio- April '15 to present.

Hi Mike,

I started Aubagio almost a month ago, after having been on Betaseron for 4 1/2 years. So far, things have been great with Aubagio and I haven't had any real side effects, except maybe some pretty bad fatigue on a couple of afternoons. Though I am not sure if that is due to Aubagio or not. Anyway, to answer your questions -

1). I take my pill in the morning, as that is when I'm most likely to remember it.
    2). I've taken it on both a full and empty stomach - I haven't noticed any difference.
    3). I haven't had any heartburn with this med. If I did, I probably would take the Target version of Zantac.

All in all, it's been a nice surprise not to have any terrible flu-like symptoms, nausea, diarrhea, etc. When the Aubagio nurse called to check on me after 2 weeks, I joked that I must've been given the placebo.

I'm due for my blood work next week. Fingers crossed that everything looks good.

Good luck Mike, I hope you do well on this med.

Phoebe

Comment

I Take after dinner

I have been on Aubagio for over 2 years now. I was taking it before dinner and have lost 40 pounds. I started taking it after dinner and noticed that my appetite is better the next day so my weight has leveled off. It might not have anything to do with the timing of the medicine but more weight loss would have been bad.

I hope everything works out for you!

Comment

I've been on 14mg for just over 2 years.

When during the day do you recommend I take the pill?
        - I take it at 5 pm on an empty stomach right before dinner.

Anything I should do in advance about heartburn?
        - heartburn has not been an issue for me.

Any other advice or things to look out for?
        - I just watch for anything unusual and so far there have been no issues.

Good luck to you!!

Comment

I take it in the evening.
          I started at the end of December & I never had any heartburn at all.
          After about a month I had a bit of mild diarrhea that resolved itself in about 2 weeks.
          "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
          Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

I take it, along with my other pills, at the same time (about 5 PM) so I don't try to remember certain pills at certain times.
            No problems or issues after 6 weeks.

Comment

Working...
            X