Don't know how to describe it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know how to describe it...

I have had dizziness for years and years.

Lately, it feels as if I could pass out. There is a darkness and pressure that comes around my right eye. I also see stars ( or tiny lights flashing all around both eyes).

I don't know whether to see my eye doctor or my neurologist. Probably will have to see both, but in what order?

Any suggestions?
    ~Piper - DX'd 2/2010 - Mama, Wife, Working gal

I was having symptoms like that was caused by high blood pressure. I have it more under control now with meds.
    Karen

Comment

Hi Piper - Sorry to hear of your recent problems. Either your neuro or eye doctor should be notified as soon as possible! Being dizzy to the point of passing out sound serious. Please act on this soon, if you haven't already.

Let us know what you find out and take care!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

piper, I had chronic low BP for a few years early in my MS. It got worse for approx. 1yr., and like you I had episodes of feeling on the brink of passing out. Everything involving coconsciousness was affected, vision, ability to stand, generalized weakness, even breathing.

I was eventually scheduled for a tilt table test, but after many delays, by time that was scheduled, the sx resolved. Now, years later I only have the faint feeling doing specific posture/body positions, for instance when really stretching/straining with my arms over my head to fix the curtains on my curtain rod, high above my head. Very different from earlier episodes from just standing up.

The earlier you get in to see your doc, the better the chances of getting answers. Versus waiting until things improve, and of course the ongoing risk of actually passing out, falling and probably injuring yourself.

Comment

Working...
        X