Trouble ejaculating during sex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble ejaculating during sex

So, here is my problem with sex. It has caused my wife to not want to have sex with me (it had been 9 months without until the other day for my birthday) even though she has no problem being able to climax. I have no problem getting and keeping an erection. Sorry guys. I also have no trouble ejaculating during masturbation. However, while having sex with my wife I can never seem to be able to ejaculate while inside of her. This frustrates us both and she has to leave the room while I take care of myself. I am lost as to what to do. Any suggestions?
    Possible MS 1998, RRMS, Dx 2009. Betaseron- Sep '09 - April '15, Aubagio- April '15 to present.

Originally posted by MRomanow View Post
    So, here is my problem with sex. It has caused my wife to not want to have sex with me (it had been 9 months without until the other day for my birthday) even though she has no problem being able to climax. I have no problem getting and keeping an erection. Sorry guys. I also have no trouble ejaculating during masturbation. However, while having sex with my wife I can never seem to be able to ejaculate while inside of her. This frustrates us both and she has to leave the room while I take care of myself. I am lost as to what to do. Any suggestions?
    Hi MRomanow,

I am sorry to hear about your problem. I'm just wondering what medications you currently take. Some antidepressants are well known to inhibit ejaculation.

Comment

As far as depression meds, I am on Zoloft (Sertraline hcl) 150 mg and Zanax (Alprazolam .5 mg).
      Possible MS 1998, RRMS, Dx 2009. Betaseron- Sep '09 - April '15, Aubagio- April '15 to present.

Comment

SSRIs / Zoloft are very well known for delaying orgasm and even decreasing penile sensitivity. Some males who are not depressed but are suffering from premature ejaculation are sometimes prescribed small amounts of this drug.

If the problem is distressing you, I would speak to the prescribing doctor about your options as there may be able to give you different drug.

Comment

I did not know that. I will have to talk to him at my next appointment.

Maybe there are other options than Zoloft.

Comment

Working...
          X