Weakness returns fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weakness returns fast

I've had MS for ten years. I have found I always feel better when I exercise. My legs feel stronger and not as stiff. My stamina increases.
    The problem is if I don't exercise for one day I feel like I did before I started exercising. I can exercise daily for 3 weeks. But if I miss one day my legs feel like they did 3 weeks ago.
    Is this common?
    My exercise consists of 30 minutes of walking and about 30 minutes of dumbbell weightlifting.

It is such a losing battle I find. Uphill both ways.

Comment

wow, that's a lot of walking and weights! i'm impressed! it's great that you can do that.

when you miss a day, is it because you don't feel well or just miss it (like too busy etc)?

i use to host an exercise thread here for years and have never heard of anyone being able to exercise that strenuous and next day be back to square one. usually exercise helps you as long as your pretty regular about it. just one day shouldn't throw you off that bad, i wouldn't think.

have you asked your dr about this?

have or do you try other exercises? does the same thing happen if you do a different routine one day?

hate to hear that you're going through this.
      keep us posted.

take care & God bless ya!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Good for you for keeping up with an exercise plan. I just found this article from the NMSS posted 4.7.15 that might be of interest to you and others reading.

"Summary: Investigators at Case Western Reserve University are recruiting 215 people from seven states (see list below) for a study to determine whether methods of fatigue management and increasing physical activity that are often provided by rehabilitation centers can be distributed with a series of teleconferences and phone interviews. Matthew Plow, PhD, the primary investigator, is funded by a research grant from the National MS Society."

"The primary outcomes being measured are changes in physical activity levels over 24 weeks, and secondary outcomes include fatigue levels and quality of life."

Read more here - http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Abo...llNationalNews

One of the states listed is Illinois! You must be betw the ages of 18-65. It might be worth your while to try to get in this study.
        Good luck!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
        X