Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copaxone 40mg Side-effects ?? (non-reported)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone 40mg Side-effects ?? (non-reported)

In March 2014 I switched to Copaxone 40mg and started having severe insomnia and lost 30lbs. I had called my doctor's to see if this was a possible side-effect and I was assured that it wasn't. I even asked about finally agreeing to a follow-up MRI that my doc had suggested 6 months prior. But I didn't receive a response from my doctor's office and well thought I was imagining things.

About a month ago I had to go off of Copaxone due to delays in insurance changes (shared solutions poor communication). I felt GREAT off of the Copaxone. Now that I am back on it I feel like crud again. I am so exhausted I can hardly think, I have had several migraine like headaches/upper chest pains (non-the typical Copaxone palpations) about 24 hours after a dose.

Has anyone had these reactions?

YES!! I was suffering through so much pain for nothing! Soreness, achey pain at shot sites, a pill for that. Migraines daily. A pill for that. Flu like symptoms, a pill for that. Stomach and bathroom issues, a pill for that.

I quit Copaxone, no more shots, no more pills. Migraines subsided down to a couple times a year vs daily.

Dr wasn't pleased I went off shots, but it was my CHOICE!!
    Karen

Comment

Were you on the 40mg or 20mg (or both)? do you mind me asking how long you were on it before you opted to stop?

Comment

I was on 20mg 9/13 to 3/14. I have been on 40mg since then, I have had low level issues that made it difficult to pen point if it was the Copaxone or just MS related issues. These low level issues faded away, I did not ever stop the copaxone.

The 40mg really gave me a since of normal because I don't have an everyday reminder that I have MS.

It seems that the meds effect us all so differently as MS effects us all on so many levels.

Praying for better health for us all

I started a journal tonight for a trip that I may take in 2018! I believe I have a future.

Comment

So I was back on Copaxone 40mg for 2 weeks (after 2 weeks break during a insurance change over). I felt awful, just awful -- chest pain, migraine, wiped out feeling, etc. So I stopped again on Friday (or rather Wed was my last dose) and by Friday morning I was feeling like myself again -- for now 3 days in a row! This hasn't happened in over a year.

Will have to starting making phone calls tomorrow morning to figure out a back up plan. There is no point on being on a medication if there is more harm then benefit.

Comment

Working...
          X