Officially Diagnosed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officially Diagnosed

Yesterday, I met with my neuro and I have been diagnosed with a CIS with a high potential of RRMS. I have a very small lesion on my spinal cord and two on the brain. None of them are new (within the past 8 weeks) and given that I recovered from my first issue with just some residual buzzing feelings he is confident in his diagnosis. He doesn't feel the need to do a spinal fluid test as he feels the invasiveness is not necessary given the strength of the MRI's. I am scheduled for evoked potentials tests in a few weeks.

We discussed every medication, the side effects, the monitoring etc and have decided that Copaxone is the best place for me to start. I will be begin taking that shortly - as soon as it is cleared through my insurance. Based on my symptoms and what has happened so far, he feels that my prognosis is a good one - given that my symptoms are only sensory with no fatigue, no loss of function. WHile he sees approximately 80 patients a year, his collegue is the MS expert with several hundred patients a year. I will be seeing her after the EVP tests. There is also an MS center - recommended by the National MS Society nearby so if I decide I am not satisfied with my care I can switch to them.

I will be honest, I am feeling ok. I felt like I went through a lot of the emotions when I started this process a few weeks ago. I am relieved that there is medication that might help me and it is also a relief to know what I am dealing with. I am blessed with an amazing husband who is very very supportive. I have told my son, my parents, and my friends. I will not be telling my job. I have started taking vitamins (multi plus magnesium, Vitamin D and C) and I am walking daily. I know I need to take good care of myself, to eat well, consistently exercise and to get a good amount of rest daily. What else should I be thinking about? Thanks for your help.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **
    Diagnosed RRMS 4/7/15, symptoms for 8 months prior. Copaxone 4/27/15

welcome to MSWorld! You are very llucky to have a well-known MS center and such a good neurologist! Take a look around and familiarize yourself (if you haven't already) with everything. Don't forget to take B12 after your doctor orders a test to see what your levels are. And check out our chat schedule and see if anything is of interest to you. The chat room is also open 24/7. Good luck to you!
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
    X