New Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Job

I reluctantly accepted a new part-time position from my employer. The job has been more than I expected and I'm exhausted. I'm thinking of just giving notice because I have some income from another job. I could talk to my boss about the added pressure but I'm not sure she will be very understanding. Any suggestions?

the only suggestion I have is to sit down face to face and explain things. Maybe you can use it to educate your boss. Good luck to you
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

If you are comfortable with the option of resigning from your PT position, if needed, it seems to me that there is no risk in trying to negotiate terms, at this PT job, that you are able to manage with your MS.

If it works, fine. You can stay there and it can be a good fit for you. If your conversation makes it obvious that no helpful changes or accommodations are likely to be forthcoming, then you could choose to resign.

A win for you, either way.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Thanks Hunterd and Mamabug. The last day I worked I had even more issues at my job. I decided to speak to my boss and she confirmed that there are problems that she needs to address with the job. Fortunately, the problems have more to do with others doing their work in the department so I can do my work. We'll see how it turns out.

Comment

Thanks for the update. If things change (for the better, or, the worse) please let us know.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
          X