Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just started Aubagio

Hi everyone,

I started Aubagio on Tuesday, after 5 years on Beta and a brief period with Tecfidera (horrific GI side effects ). So far, I haven't had any issues, except getting the darn pill out of that packaging.

I am wondering, for those of you who experienced nausea, diarrhea or hair thinning on Aubagio when did those side effects start?

Thank you!

phoebe

Hi Phoebe:
    I, too, took Tec briefly and couldn't hack the horrible side effects. I've now been on Aubagio for almost 4 months. No side effects at all (maybe a little heartburn, and maybe a little loss of appetite) - until about 3 weeks ago. My white blood cell count had dropped to 3.8, and my hair has started to thin/fall out. My doc says we will watch the blood count to make sure it doesn't dip too low, or stay low for too long. The hair falling out, from what I've read, usually resolves in a few months. All in all, I hope I can stay on Aubagio because my next option is an injectable and I'd rather not go there if I don't have to.
    Hope this helps and that you tolerate it well!!!
    JilliO

Comment

diarrhea:
      I've been on 14 mg for just over 2 years and the only side effect I had early on was bad diarrhea in the 3rd month. It was bad enough I called my Neuro who said take Imodium and if it continues to call him back - which luckily it cleared and I didn't need to do.
      Since then it has only been periodic like once or twice a month at most lasting usually about 1 day and not sure at this point if Aubagio related.

no nausea.
      no noticeable hair thinning but was thinning on its own anyways!

Comment

Hi Phoebe,
        I've been taking Aubagio 14mg since December. About 3 weeks after starting I had some mild diarrhea that lasted about a week. My appetite is a lot less than usual too. Those are the only side effects I've had, and my blood tests have come back within all normal ranges.
        Color me happy!
        "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
        Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Working...
        X