always tired??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

always tired??

Hi, I am sorta new to this board.. I'm a 32 year old female with ms.. it started when I was 18 or so a year ago I started taking something that I give myself a shot with, I'm not sure of the name of it without looking.

Anyways is anyone else always tired? no matter how much sleep I get i'm tired. I tried coffee , soda etc but I want to ask my doctor for something else.. I was thinking about asking for addrall since I have adult add anyways... any help on this extreme tiredness? tips/tricks etc

FIRST OFF, WELCOME TO MSWORLD! It is great to have you here!
    I think what you were thinking of is called fatigue. Make sure you tell your neurologist about this because there are medications for it. I myself take modafinil. And I could wake up after sleeping for 24 hours and still be tired. Good luck to you, you can find a special forum dedicated only to fatigue at ; http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdi...hp?130-Fatigue
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

me too!

i'm always tired. fatigue is just a part of my day.

even my 2 yr old granddaughter knows that grandma has to take a nap everyday. thankfully she still usually naps with me.

i can sleep 8 hrs or 4 hrs a night, it doesn't make much difference, i'm still tired no matter what.
      when medicare let me get it, provigil worked well. i actually had some energy. but they won't pay for it anymore.

i take resveratrol vitamin that helps in 500 mg to 1000 mg or so each day. it helps, but not near as much as the prescription meds. sometimes it also takes a medicine several days or weeks to begin working.

like hunterd said, be sure & talk to your neuro. it's MS sx that can be helped if the doctor will work with you on getting the right meds.

eating right also helps i have found. plus doing some light exercise everyday, like yoga helps strengthens your body so you're not so tired. just start slow on any exercise and don't overdo.

praying you get some help!

take care & God bless ya!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Working...
      X