What would this symptom be called?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would this symptom be called?

I'm just trying to compile a list of symptoms to take to my Nuro appointment and I'm baffled as to how I can explain the sensation I'm getting in my R foot and leg... The way I describe it to my husband is

'like I've been running outside bare foot in the frost and it's now numbish and slow.. And my leg feels like I've just run 10km and is like jelly"

Wish I could attribute this to the climate but at 30degrees outside I can't explain why my foot feels like this...

how do I write this as a symptom?

It's very distracting and it's almost a relief when I get a wave on tingling in my foot coz at least it's some sort of sensation...

Hi Kez and welcome!

I think the word you are looking for is called Paresthesia, which means any numbness, tingling, pins and needles. This can affect any part of your body. We have a sub forum here if you'd like to read what others have to say http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdi...34-Paresthesia

As far as weakness goes I'm sure your neuro will be able to understand that term. It happens when there is demyelination in the brain or spinal cord or from unused muscles.

I have both weakness and paresthesia as do many of us Both are very common, and yes, annoying!
    I hope your appt with the neuro goes well.
    Keep in touch and let us know!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Words I use to describe Paresthesia in my legs and feet:

Painful numbness
      burning cold
      loss of function
      muscle weakness/muscle fatigue
      Socks can cause a pain response in my calves where the top of the sock ends/?
      Flip flops cause a lasting sensation between my big toe and the second toe for hours and days after I stop wearing flip flops.

If I remember any others I'll post again. Of course this applies to my flavor of Paresthesia, yours may vary a bit or may be completely different.

Comment

Working...
      X