Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

numbness scaring me

Hi,

Im not sure if I have MS but. My arms been hurting all week like it had a rubber band around it and hand was abit numb and it was tingling abit. The pain is now gone but the numbness has stayed and now that im not hurting so much, im getting freaked out by not being able to feel properly with my left hand.

I dont know if its just in my head. I have been abit of a hypochondriac before but now that i think of it its all been for MS symptoms.( i didnt know that at the time) Like memory, bladder etc.

This arm pain happened last year about this time. Its exam timeeeeeeeeee and im busy freaking out about this numbness....Im 23.

Doc said because my year ago bloods showed i was vit D deficient he gave my vitamins to rule that out first.

Help :'(

Hi cosine,

Welcome to MSWorld. Sorry to hear about your pain/ numbness and tingling. Your symptoms can be the result of many different things, not necessarily MS.

This arm pain happened last year about this time. Its exam timeeeeeeeeee and im busy freaking out about this numbness....Im 23.
    By exam time, I take that to mean you are talking about final exams for college, since it's about that time of year? Definitely a stressful time! In response to stress/ anxiety, our bodies can do some strange things, which could very well be the cause of all your symptoms right now (as well as this time a year ago). But, that doesn't mean your symptoms aren't very real to you.

Doc said because my year ago bloods showed i was vit D deficient he gave my vitamins to rule that out first.
    Having a vitamin D deficiency does not mean you have or will ever develop MS. It's not at all uncommon, especially depending on where you live. My vitamin D levels have never been considered terribly deficient, but my mother's have, yet I am the one who has MS.

But, please, do follow up with your PCP, who may want to order more tests.

Good luck ,
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
    X