Electric Nerve Pain in Head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Nerve Pain in Head?

Ok I have always wondered about this. It happens sometimes even when I feel ok, but especially more during relapses. I get painful electric type pain in my head. It feels like the nerve is trying to go through the pathway (maybe thru the lesion) but it's having a hard time so it gives me pain. Guess like a kink in a hose.

It feels like an electric, shooting pain in the head. Sometimes it will stop me in my tracks for a few seconds when it comes on...because it hurts! No sign of stroke, seizure or aneurysm on MRI's...blood vessels in head and neck are good too. I have had several MRI's due to my frequent relapses since my Dx in 2013. Not sure if this is part of L Hermittes sign because thought this is only from the neck down the spine/back. Maybe I got the reverse of it. Who knows!

If you have the same symptom, could you please let me know? I would love to hear your story.

Thanks!
    Nikki

Do you take Effexor?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicoly3467 View Post
      Ok I have always wondered about this. It happens sometimes even when I feel ok, but especially more during relapses. I get painful electric type pain in my head. It feels like the nerve is trying to go through the pathway (maybe thru the lesion) but it's having a hard time so it gives me pain. Guess like a kink in a hose.

It feels like an electric, shooting pain in the head. Sometimes it will stop me in my tracks for a few seconds when it comes on...because it hurts! No sign of stroke, seizure or aneurysm on MRI's...blood vessels in head and neck are good too. I have had several MRI's due to my frequent relapses since my Dx in 2013. Not sure if this is part of L Hermittes sign because thought this is only from the neck down the spine/back. Maybe I got the reverse of it. Who knows!

If you have the same symptom, could you please let me know? I would love to hear your story.

Thanks!
      Sounds like it could be Trigeminal Neuralgia. TN was my first and only MS symptom. I say 'was' because, after having it for 8 months, it went away when I started MS treatments (Vit. D, steroids, Tysabri). I thank the heavens for that every day because TN is a really terrible disorder. It hurts really bad and the pains can come at any time, without warning.

I'm not sure if what you're experiencing is the same though. Does it come from the area near the jaw? Some people have a steadier, burning pain (TN2) while others get the stabbing, shooting pains, almost like someone is flicking the nerve (TN1)

Comment

what you are describing sounds to me like REVERSE LHemites. (radiates UP instead of down)

Comment

Thanks! That makes sense and could be reverse L Hermites. I notice more of these electric pains daily with the start of a relapse. It also happens sometimes when I move my head a certain way.

I appreciate everyone's comments.
          Nikki

Comment

Working...
          X