Okay, well that one's been cracked off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, well that one's been cracked off

Yes, Lemstrada, the last great hope. Now I hear of one or two cases of inter cranial haemmorhage, while people were on this drug; cool with that, except I have a "daughter" aneurysm bulging away below the one that blew.

So what do you do? I have very nearly had enough.

What's the old song? "One way, or the other, I'm gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha, baby, one way, or the other..."
    Last edited by Seasha; 03-28-2015, 04:24 PM.

Yeah it seems that to the medical/pharma world, we MSers, are 'kamikazi' pilots for their drug treatments. MS is surely the worst ! It sucks ! And the treatments are very much a joke ! I am surprised that the docs don't prescribe 2 aspirins and a phone call ! Good luck with whatever treatment you choose.

Comment

Here is a portion of the FDA Alert

Information for Healthcare Professionals - Alemtuzumab (marketed as Campath)

FDA Alert [11/05]:
      The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has learned of three patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) who developed severe idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) while participating in a clinical study of Campath for treatment of MS. One of these individuals died from an intracranial hemorrhage. In the randomized clinical study, ITP developed approximately one to 11 months after the receipt of the last treatment with Campath. Dosing with Campath in this study is suspended at this time.

Recommendations

As stated in the package insert (see electronic link to the approved package insert below), complete blood counts (CBC) and platelet counts should be obtained at weekly intervals during Campath therapy and more frequently if worsening anemia, neutropenia, or thrombocytopenia is observed on therapy. Campath should be discontinued in any patient with evidence of autoimmune hematologic toxicity or for severe hematologic toxicity
      Data Summary

Idiopathic thrombocytopenia purpura (ITP) occurred in 3 patients with MS in the clinical study. The 3 patients are described below:
      Case #1 – A patient received a 5 day course of Campath 24 mg/day, followed one year later by 24 mg/day for 3 days. Approximately 7 months after the second treatment, ataxia and ecchymoses developed, followed by obtundation and death from intracranial hemorrhage. The platelet count had been in the normal range except for the month following the first cycle. At the time of hospital admission, the platelet count was 4000 cells/µL and antibodies to GPIIb/IIIa receptors on platelets were detected. Petechiae had been noted 1 month prior to the development of neurological symptoms.

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/.../ucm125216.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
        Yes, Lemstrada, the last great hope. Now I hear of one or two cases of inter cranial haemmorhage, while people were on this drug; cool with that, except I have a "daughter" aneurysm bulging away below the one that blew.

So what do you do? I have very nearly had enough.

What's the old song? "One way, or the other, I'm gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha, baby, one way, or the other..."
        That is absolutely hilarious that you quoted that song. Lately I've been singing it in the shower every night. I've been considering Lemtrada, too. Now what do I do about my brain aneurism?

Comment

Working...
        X