flimsy excuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flimsy excuses

How easy is it for employers to cut our hours? Mine did on a "temporary bases" 8 weeks. Like I am fine, but they are punishing me for sticking up for others and other things that would take a long time to explain. But they say I can't do my job because I sent an email to my boss', boss that he couldn't understand. I once was confused by my boss' email which was a bunch of forwarded messages. And because I questioned how a staff person sent another staff on the way to work to pick up a medication. Which, I didn't know my boss had asked. I actually run the group home and know we would have time to go to work clock in and then go get the med, and I stated we may give it a little late. Meaning in a reasonable timeframe tho...and that client half the time gets up late anyway. So she used that email against me saying I didn't care if my client got her meds on time. And she said, I didn't think I'd have to call and tell you. Well? Why not? I was more questioning why the staff person directed another staff person as that is not like her: she calls me about everthing.

I cared whether my staff were getting paid correctly and that my client got her med. But I have been complaining that the company expects me to work Direct care by myself too much with my Program Coordinator duties; leaving my clients without enough care and duties don't get done as well. Like picking up meds.

They said if I can't do the DC - 32 hours a ppe, which I did more then on average, then they couldn't afford to pay me and cut me back 56 hours a ppe. Not, well let's see how it goes if you keep to 32 only or try 24 he's a ppe but just took it all.

And since then I have seen more then one person and mostly my boss write mistakes in emails or be confused and one particular was that she mixed up what night was daylight savings. As she had to put the extra hour manually on my timecard for working the overnight. But she excused herself saying "I bet a lot of people will be confused by that", well if I did it, she'd say my ms was making me unable to think clearly.

I got my work done I didnt mess up any important messages that caused anyone harm. I have been extremely busy volunteering for post prom fundraising too. And the kicker, my boss has been my friend since we were 14 and best friends at that....and she is the one to label me disabled?

I have been depressed upset angry confused sad you name it.
    Right now I am on a months vacation as I requested it before they pulled me into their office to tell me this. I said I lknow I'm burnt out as that's why I am going on vacation. I don't know why they couldn't have waited to see how I did after; but I know its really just to punish me...not because of my MS and work issues. I stepped on their toes.

So after I go back then I work 56 hrs instead of 80 a ppe for 8 weeks. But if my staff need me to fill in DC I still have to, and not work over the 56hrs. I have to work 5 days a week. And work over hours that they have appointments etc..even though I had to do appointments by myself. Well, I am glad my clients are getting the double coverage while I am there 5 days a week. They deserve to have someone at the home when another client has a Dr. Appointment.

The clients are older now and had a lot more appointments including Physical Therapy. But the government cuts our rent\programing money after 65 years old. But our costs and care don't change, instead they go up like everyone else's.

Don't know if they will be happy after I go PT and then give me back hours or what. I don't know what I will want to do either, but I've worked there over 21 years. I was DX in 2004. I have the same clients forever. I do have the usual MS symptoms but I thought it was manageable. We have good paid leave time and staff will switch shifts and I said I have. Those rights.

Some friend.

seena, sorry to hear about your workplace problems. I wish I could offer you some advice, but I'm not familiar with the nature of your work, which seems specific to the work related problems you mentioned in your post.

Hope to bump your post up for other comments that may be more helpful. Wishing you the best and take care.

Comment

Working...
    X