Starting Rebif in a few weeks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diamond57 View Post
    Aissunnen.... I was diagnosed not even a ago at 57 also. You've given all of us newbies hope!
    Aissunen, she's right...you do give is hope. I want to be that kind of success story. I'm 40 and have optic neuritis that comes and goes as a symptom but that's it. Would like to (pretty please) hold on to my vision if at all possible...

Diamond you crack me up. Hip Hip Hooray, indeed. LOL The nurse finally called so we're gonna do this thing on Thursday. I'm ready to get it going at this point. Will let you know how it goes...fingers crossed!
    "It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

Originally posted by waysiek View Post
      AllHailye, I believe that I read that Tecfidera messed with your blood counts and that you had to quit. What are you taking now or planning to take?
      Yes, after almost a year and a half my lymphocytes plummeted. I haven't started anything yet, I've been waiting for my counts to go back up...which they are! I'm hoping for even better results next time. (Having blood drawn again at the end of this month)

When I narrowed my med options down by delivery & possible side effects, I came to avonex. My neuro thinks I should do tysabri. I'm not sure yet, still looking into it & writing questions down for me to ask him in May when I see him next.
      MS dx's 2000
      Tysabrian

¤ fate is not just who's cooking smells good, but which way the wind blows ¤

Comment

Question

Originally posted by allHailye2 View Post
        Yes, after almost a year and a half my lymphocytes plummeted. I haven't started anything yet, I've been waiting for my counts to go back up...which they are! I'm hoping for even better results next time. (Having blood drawn again at the end of this month)

When I narrowed my med options down by delivery & possible side effects, I came to avonex. My neuro thinks I should do tysabri. I'm not sure yet, still looking into it & writing questions down for me to ask him in May when I see him next.
        Hi allhailye! Wouldn't avonex do the same thing to your lymphocytes? I'm not tHat familiar with avonex, just wondering since I thought avonex and Rebif were the same except different dosages?
        "It matters not how strait the gate,
        How charged with punishments the scroll,
        I am the master of my fate,
        I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DPL2014 View Post
          Hi allhailye! Wouldn't avonex do the same thing to your lymphocytes? I'm not tHat familiar with avonex, just wondering since I thought avonex and Rebif were the same except different dosages?
          I don't think so. I was on rebif for 13yrs & never had a problem with my lymphocytes & avonex is a beta 1a also.
          MS dx's 2000
          Tysabrian

¤ fate is not just who's cooking smells good, but which way the wind blows ¤

Comment

Working...
          X