To Call or not to call....that is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Call or not to call....that is the question

I started going blind in my right eye last Tuesday. I call my eye doctor on Wednesday and he took pictures of the inside and outside of my eye. He also dilated and checked the retina. He said my eye was 100% healthy and suspected MS relapse. I have been so blessed. I have been in remission for 9 years! Apparently MS is not through with me yet. I read the latest study ONTT. It says an MRI will tell you if you have MS. I already know that much. IT says that IV steroids will help me get better faster but that it will not get me any better than I would achieve on my own. Since this is the first problem since 2006, I am thinking I might ride this one out and see if anything else happens. I know it is not going to hurt me any worse or kill me....so. What would you do? I have insurance but my deductible is like $2500 and $5000 out of pocket. I am not one to gamble with my health, but is it worth the money to get better a little faster?

If this is a matter of money and you wish to receve prednisone, oral pred is pretty cheap especially compared to solumedrol.

This is your choice and I would speak to your neuro about the pros and cons.

TS RRMS dx 1995

Comment

If it were me, I'd look to get this treated. Going blind is something that I'm not willing to negotiate on.

I've had ON 3 times, twice have done the IVSM with great results.

Is your call, if you are comfortable with the compromised vision that is fine. But please don't let it go too long as there could be permanent damage done to that optic nerve.

Good luck.

Comment

Many Many Thanks!

Thank you for your honest comments. I am still weighing it out. I notice when I get tired in the afternoon that it gets a little worse. It is strange this time that my vision is worse right at the center of my eye. The last time it was like a curtain came down except for the very bottom of the eye. This time it is dead center and some to the right. It is sore in behind the eye too when I move it around. The best thing is a positive attitude. There are so many people that have it much, much worse than I do.

Comment

Working...
        X