Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aubagio 7mg

Hello!

It's been awhile since I've visited. At long last and three years since diagnosis, I am now trying Aubagio. I'm four days in and trying to be super optimistic. First day I had some heartburn and did some antacids. That seemed to help. Tonight, I'm having some strange leg "flushing" and am using an ice pack to combat that feeling.

Previous modifiers I have used are Avonex and Tecfidera. Both of which I had my mixed feelings about. But, I have a new neuro who basically said I needed to stick with a DMT since I went eight months without taking anything and have too many new lesions.

I noticed the thread didn't have as many posts and wonder if it has to do with most people having a better experience with it or are more people choosing other therapies?
    “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

Hi pinkimartini,
    I've noticed a lack of posts too, I wish there was more discussion about Aubagio too.
    I'm doing great on the 14mg dose. After about 2 weeks I started having a bit of stomach "unhappiness". Nothing too crazy. I have noticed my appetite is less than it should be - enough that skipping a meal is no big deal. If I don't need to make a meal for my family I just forget to eat. That's not a big problem compared to a relapse.
    Best luck. Keep us posted on how you do.
    Hugz
    "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
    Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Hope this is going ok for you. I've been on 14 mg for just over 2 years and the only side effect has been some periodic diarrhea but nothing intolerable.

yes, this thread has been kinda quiet.

Comment

I visited my neurologist a week to the day. Noticed I was having some leg pain that felt like a side effect. He did his usual coordination test and said it was MS. He also mentioned I would be going to 14 Mg of Aubagio next month.

*sigh*

Again, I am not having anything too terrible going on so I'm hoping this is third time's a charm.
        “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
        ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

It's interesting that you're stepping up in dosage. Was this a plan all along, to maybe help you get accustomed to it? .
          "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
          Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by TinaP303 View Post
            It's interesting that you're stepping up in dosage. Was this a plan all along, to maybe help you get accustomed to it? .
            Yeah. My neuro didn't like how active my mri looked. I started with two lesions in 2012, got five more in 2013 and latest shows I'm up to eleven. Personally, I didn't feel worse or better since I had been off Tecfidera for about eight months.

...and today is two weeks on Aubagio. Have noticed little things, nothing too weird though.
            ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

14 Mg for 2 Years Now

I have been on Aubagio 14mg for over two years now. I have posted a lot saying I had no side effects except for a little hair loss. But now I realize that it caused a loss of appetite and a subsequent weight loss of over 40 pounds. I also feel generally sick some of the time which my neuro says is malaise which is also a side effect.

I got checked for other things that could have caused the weight loss and since there was nothing else to be found, I have to believe it is the Aubagio. BUT...since I haven't had any new lesions since starting it I will keep taking it. I am afraid another med would be worse.

Comment

Bumping this since it's been over a year on Aubagio 7mg. It hasn't been bad. My neurologist initially wanted me to move to the 14mg, but held off until I did more bloodwork. It was a roller coaster year (relocating, job change, etc). I didn't move to the 14mg, but I honestly didn't have any problems with the 7mg once everything settled down. I admit, I was ready to throw the towel in several times that first month.

For what it's worth, I haven't seen any changes with Aubagio. My neurologist said that was a good thing and my blood works has shown that my liver is okay, there is some iron issues (but that has nothing to do with the Aubagio or my MS). My one issue now is the insurance company. I'm not sure what part of - this modifier is working and I'm happy - do they not understand? *sigh* I got a nice letter suggesting I switch to Avonex or Copaxone. So, my question now, what's your experience with MS One to One? Are they helpful enough to get a lower cost since I'll likely be paying out of pocket.

Thanks and I hope everyone is doing is well as can be.
                ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

Help With Cost

I am on Medicare so MS One to One couldn't assist me but they may be able to help you with the cost. My insurance company (supplemental) also turned me down and I wrote a letter and so did my doctor and they added Aubagio to their list of approved drugs.

Eventually I got assistance from The Assistance Fund but I don't remember their email. MS One to One gave it to me though. Good luck!!!

Also, still on Aubagio after 3 years and no new lesions!!!

Comment

When I was on it MS One to One was very helpful - and at the end I was receiving it for free with no-copay. I have medical insurance thru my employer.

Comment

Hi,
                      I have been lacked postings. Sorry.
                      I have been on Aubagio, for two months. Got my first bloodwork done and my ALT? Was just mildly elevated. Our course is going to stay on the 14mg for another month, then repeat bloodwork. I have had no side effects knock on wood

Comment

Working...
                      X