Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vegetarian versus gluten-free?

Hi all,

I am definitely considering a dietary change. Something needs to change anyways because at the moment it seems like I get a lot worse after meals. By worse I mean that I get really lethargic for a little while after meals, but then I'm fine after an hour or two. I've talked to people who tout the benefits of either vegetarian or gluten-free, but I know that I would probably be cutting out too much to try both at once. So, do any of you have suggestions of the benefits of one over the other?

Sorry, I know this is short. I had a much longer description at first but I lost it all when the Dragon natural speaking tried to insert it… I don't know where it tried to insert it but it didn't show up

Thanks

Hi Joe~ It's common to get lethargic after eating a meal as your body is digesting. I find as I age, this is more so, but I don't know why necessarily.

As far as going GF or vegan, you will probably get varied opinions here. Some will swear it helps while others will say they feel no differently. GF is one going trend right now. I am GF only because if I eat gluten, I become constipated and Dairy Free because of allergies.

Becoming vegan requires giving up a lot - meats, fish, poultry, dairy and eggs. You might begin by trying an elimination diet of these to see if something comes up positive for you and your well being. Another popular diet is the Wahls' diet. There's lot of info on the internet about both.

My best suggestion is making an appt with a nutritionist or a naturopathic Dr. A naturo can run tests for allergies and sensitivities, like in my case, and both can help you make a plan for better eating habits. Changing your eating habits won't change the outcome of living with MS, but it helps your overall health
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
    X