Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

to push for primary to order MRI or leave it to neuro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I was at my primary's for something and asked her if she had gotten the result of the MRI and readier and it was absolutely unremarkable. No previous mention of the other lesions or spots. This is at least comforting as I wonder if I will ever hear from the neuros office ever again. I called again last week and they still didn't have the report. Still doesn't explain the symptoms but for right now I am wondering if the vitamin deficiency still isn't completely cleared up and is going to take time.

Comment

I feel like you are not getting the 'best' that your medical people can do. I don't think vitamin deficiencies 'clear up'! Vitamins are like fuel in your car. They always need to be replaced. If you get to a reasonable value in all of the important elements, then you have to monitor them every few months. Have you had your vitamin D levels checked? You should know that value. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
        I feel like you are not getting the 'best' that your medical people can do. I don't think vitamin deficiencies 'clear up'! Vitamins are like fuel in your car. They always need to be replaced. If you get to a reasonable value in all of the important elements, then you have to monitor them every few months. Have you had your vitamin D levels checked? You should know that value. Good luck
        So after failing job interview number two because honestly part of it is I have no focus or ability to follow the questions, now I am ticked off. After a nice reality check I agree with you. I think 5 weeks to wait for an MRI result is ridiculous and its pathetic I had to ask my primary for it. My primary wouldn't check the vitamin B12 levels until I was on my second month which is next month. Another thing I don't understand is there is no reason for my Thiamine to be low, none atleast not the most common cause because I don't drink so I kind of want that explained. The Vitamin D level was one thing she didn't check. Its just been an alarming change from the person who went to Zumba twice a day if they got overstaffed that day to I just recently went back to Zumba after my knee injury back in November caused by one of my falls and could do thirty minutes. That's it and even that was a lot. The B12 injections help with the fatigue a few days after, but that's it.

Comment

I really feel that, since you are located in the 'United States', you should be receiving much better medical treatment from your PCP. If I was you, I would find a new primary. Your doctor recognized that you were deficient in B-12 but didn't test for vitamin D? Come on ! These are blood draw tests ! It's not brain surgery! Good luck

Comment

Update

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
            I really feel that, since you are located in the 'United States', you should be receiving much better medical treatment from your PCP. If I was you, I would find a new primary. Your doctor recognized that you were deficient in B-12 but didn't test for vitamin D? Come on ! These are blood draw tests ! It's not brain surgery! Good luck
            My MRI was completely normal and so we agreed to try a different medication for preventative. Part of the memory issues were due to the topamax.

However, I still test positive for Romberg every time, I have nystagmus in my left eye still causing the double vision issue, and I can't tell if my big toe is up or down. The next step is if the medication doesn't fix more of my issues the new neuro suggested an EMG. I had one a little over s year ago that was normal and I'm not sure if I need to push further. I go back in August but this is just frustrating.

Comment

Thanks for the update.
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
              X