Meltdown at my tennis league....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meltdown at my tennis league....

Last Tuesday, I woke up in the morning, and although I had a lot of sleep the night before, felt like I was in a stuper..... I did not feel like I really woke up.

I thought, once I get to my tennis league, and start playing, it would go away. It didn't. There I was on the court, with 3 other ladies, trying to play doubles, while feeling like I got hit over the head with a ton of bricks. All I could think about was wanting to go back to bed. I could barely move. Mind you, this is a very competitive, 4.0 level league.

Then I started feeling whoosey. It was a real mess. It took all the self control I had just to stay on the court, like a lump, while my partners would do all the running, ( and serving) for me.

I must say, I was extremely uncomfortable, both physically, and emotionally. I hated this!!!
    My doctor suggested I try Ampyra, which I tried last night, and immediately got very dizzy.

Any suggestions for dealing with crushing fatigue, while trying to participate in a competitive sport?

You can ask about trying Ritalin, Amantadine, or one of the other stimulants used by many of us MS patients. I use Amantidine, and it works well for me. Although I don't compete in a sport, I am SPMS and use a walker, I am able to stay awake all day now and alert. Ask your neurologist about what you can take to still stay active and competitive.

Good luck and its great that you can still play tennis, I hope the fatigue can be managed so you can continue!

Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Sports & MS

Thanks very much, Lisa. I was just diagnosed in August. I went on Copaxone in October. I'm hoping it will stave off some of the worse symptoms, but I don't know.

Recently, while walking in the cold, my right leg becomes stiff. Fortunately, this mostly happens while walking in the cold. Any suggestions, or information about that kind of thing???

I will definitely mentioned the stimulants to my doctor. Do they make you dizzy; because the Ampyra sure did.....

Thanks again, and feel good!!!
      Beth

Comment

Working...
      X