Timeframe for Refills of 40MG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeframe for Refills of 40MG

How long after receiving a 28 day supply of 40mg copaxone do you wait to order a refill? Three weeks? How many doses do you have on hand before you reorder and/or your specialty pharmacy contacts you?

They're able to have it delivered the next day so I call when Ive used my second to last one. I don't want this expensive stuff accumulating - especially since I think I might be changing again. Ugh. Or taking another couple weeks off for the welts to go shrink some.

Comment

Does anyone order refills sooner?

Are there guidelines by the insurance companies? I think for most drugs you can order a refill for a 30 day supply somewhere around day 25 of the drug you're refilling. Does that also apply to specialty drugs? And what happens when its not a daily dosage (as with the 40 mg of Copaxone)?

Comment

I spoke to med provider today about this very thing, long story short she said when I have 4 syringes left in the box I can call to refill. It is a next day arrival. When I ordered the first box in January they said they would call when it was time, they did not.

Comment

Thanks for Replying

My specialty pharmacy doesn't call me any longer either. Delivery hasn't been great either. Last few shipments have all arrived AFTER 6pm. One time the order never arrived.... I've also ran out of med because of this.

Comment

Copaxone Refill call

My provider arranged to send me a text message to let me know it's time to reorder. It wouldn't hurt to ask your provider if they do that!

Comment

I have to use a specialty pharmacy through my insurance company. The specialty pharmacy needs at least 72 hours notice before it can refill. I usually reorder when I down to 4-5 injections left. I am on the 40 mg of Copaxone

Comment

Shared Solutions

Mine arrives prior to me completing what I have. Talk with shared solutions and they'll arrange delivery for you; 1 less thing you have to remember
                You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

Comment

This is the first month that my copaxone will auto ship, this benefit is through my mail order pharmacy. After ordering 3 mo you have the auto ship option. I received a text message this afternoon that it will be here tomorrow.

Sigh.........

Comment

My Specialty Pharmacy

gave me a hassle when I had two syringes left - wouldn't send refill until I had only one left!

Comment

One syringe left? That seems a bit risky, considering the shipment would absolutely have to arrive within 2 days in order to stay on schedule! I use CVS caremark, and a few years ago they were great with auto shipping me 3 months worth at a time. Now ever since I switched to 3x/week, I need to speak with someone in person (wait on hold) to reorder every month. They told me to reorder if I didn't hear from them when I had one week's worth (ie 3 syringes) left.
                      dx RRMS Feb 2011; Copaxone Mar 2011-July 2012; pregnancy; Tecfidera Apr 2013-Dec 2013; Copaxone Jan 2014-current

Comment

I also have CVS Caremark. I am currently taking the 20 mg and I have enough to last me until 4/16 (8 days). Yesterday I received an email saying that it was time to refill my prescription. Today I received a text about the same thing.

HOWEVER,

I now have a new prescription for 40 mg. I set that up the other day and they said something about Tuesday. I wanted to make sure that there wasn't any mixup on their side because I am no longer on the 20 mg, so I called. They said they knew that I wasn't on the 20 mg and they said my 40 mg is already waiting for me at my local CVS Pharmacy. I hope this is the way it works all the time.

Comment

Aggravated having to deal with Specialty Pharmacy

So tired of specialty pharmacy mess. I've been going thru this since 2006. They used to have a local branch about an hour away, and I received actual customer service. Now I deal with one in Raleigh, NC and it has been total aggravation. I have been on Cigna since diagnosis, but we changed to individual coverage rather than employee +spouse, and it saved $260 a month, but when you're on the phone for 45 minutes for a refill, and you're practically treated like a lying criminal, I'm not sure it is worth it! My Dr. said that other than my insurance company having me over a barrel, there is no reason I could't get my Ampyra at my regular pharmacy in town. They are ALWAYS requesting a prior approval letter, though I've been with the same clinic and the same insurance company ever since I was diagnosed! LOOK IT UP BY MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER!!!! Contact the dr's office instead of making me the middle man!!! I get phone messages stating that it will be shipped the next day, then I call when I don't receive, and they say we don't show a prior authorization letter on file! I am so stressed out! Good Grief!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X