THE BIG DAY HAS ARRIVED!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE BIG DAY HAS ARRIVED!!

Tomorrow I go for my observation dose of Gilenya. All the anxiety, nervousness and apprehension I had is now gone. Somehow I think I was getting that from my DW as she is not real comfortable with this. I told her with the 14 day starter pack we will learn a lot about how I will handle Gilenya.

So now it is with anticipation and, dare I say excitement, that I look forward to this new journey in my MS life. I only hope that this works because I have already decided I am not trying anymore DMD's after this one. Let's face it the only thing left, at least that I am aware of, are Chemo like, or even Chemo itself and I am not putting that toxic medicine in my body.

One could argue that the DMD's we take are much like Chemo but it is much different that the real thing, such as Rituxan. I have researched until I am researched out.

So here's a toast to Gilenya and hoping it works. First I have to get through the first dose observation. LOL!
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Big day! Hoo ray! I hope it works well for you . I know nothing about Gilenya but if it works for you, you don't need anyone's permission. Good luck

Comment

I wish you the best of luck with the Gilenya.

One suggestion I would make is to monitor your heart rate while you are on that starter pack.

When I was on it, I did that just for peace of mind for the first couple of weeks, and to keep the doctor informed as well. Myself, I found that the reduced heart rate only lasted a short time.

But I'm sure that your doctor has gone over everything with you.
      Let's hope that this is "the one" for you.

Comment

Working...
      X