Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having trouble breathing on and off

Hi there,

three weeks ago I was diagnosed with CIS. I range from completely numb to burning and tingling on my whole right side, top of head down to my foot. I had and MRI and I counted six lesions the neurologist said its probable MS. I had oral steroids (1250 gm) for 5 days and I just finished 6 days ago. Anyway 3 days ago I started feeling really light headed and i keep feeling like I can't breath, should I be worried about this. As a side note I have been unable to work since being diagnosed 3 weeks ago and feel like I am getting worse as in can't get off the couch.

I would suggest you speak to your Neurologist. It's possible the worsening of symptoms could be due to the effects of the steroids. It's possible to feel worse before feeling better.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

High doses of steroids can cause anxiety, too. I thought for a while that my breathing had suddenly gotten a lot worse (I have end stage COPD), but I was actually having panic attacks brought on by one of my meds. I take a low dose of Xanax now (.125-.25 mg twice a day) and it usually helps.

Comment

Working...
      X