Summer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer....

Does anyone else shudder when people mention summer?? Seriously, I can't even think about it. I am not diagnosed nut my symptoms started last summer. They were so bad, I couldn't have tons of summer fun. A few hours at the amusement park led to hours of awfulness. Hoping this summer will be better.

Hi, Oh summer, when MS is awake in all it's glory. A few things you might think about trying.
    Do things in the early part of the day. Try to avoid out and about between 2 and 4, the warmest time of the day. Wear a hat, and if you live where the humidity is not high, keep the hat wet. It's like a mini cooler for you! You might get one of the cold neck thingy's. The ones you wet and wear around your neck and tie them on. You should be able to get them at like a sporting goods store. They are also like a mini cooler for you. Keeping cool is key. So even if you can wet your shirt tht works too. Heat zaps energy and makes MS shows it's head in ways that can mess up a great summer day! If you do find your day is getting to be too much? STOP and sit and just watch from a cool, shaded place. Sometimes people watching is just as much fun as an amusement park ride! Honest!
    Good luck and have a great summer.

Comment

I suffered last summer before my diagnosis. I love my plants and the beautiful days but now that a team of neurologists at the hospital found out the underlining problem...... MS, I'm dreading the heat but I'm excited to see my pretty yard again.
      The nurse at the MS clinic mentioned to me a cooling vest is a good idea to get. I already have a cooling towel I won in last yr's picnic. I'm fixin' to get a pretty summer hat for my future weeding duties.
      This year is going to be interesting for me, I already feel like a pile of mush
      Dx RRMS 2015

Comment

I hate summer......it makes everything worse and I can do even less
        dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

OMG, we've had the longest winter ever. We experienced 1) our coldest day ever on record and 2) record days in Feb with snow. There was frost on the inside of most windows, plus frozen shut most days.

It's mid April and all of the snow just melted, there's barely any buds on the trees, certainly no leaves or even flowers. Not even the annoying multiplying dandelions. My b'day is May 9 and in old photos there's tons of flowers, grass to cut, etc. Not last year or this year for sure.

By the way I don't live in the Arctic but the city next to Toronto (south Ontario Canada). I know I'll pay for saying this but I'm looking so forward to summer, in my air conditioned house! We were still wearing winter coats until TODAY! No word of a lie!

Please forgive me everyone, I know I'll regret saying this but as of last year, winter has become way more debilitating than summer. My dog is on a diet due to lack of walks (he's short legged, the snow was deeper than him, when it mostly melted he's still dragging his, um, male part through the snow... no fun!). I'm not on a diet cause I couldn't get out regularly to reload my chocolate stash!

Hope I haven't offended anyone who currently, in the future, or already lived through horrible heat related symptoms. I'm right there with you, just not for a couple of months.
          Jen
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Let's all apply some perspective to this ' drastic weather' situation. I admit that the extreme temperatures and humidity play havoc with my physical condition. Try to lay the blame on the proper culprit.
            This hatred needs to be layed directly at the feet of our 'uninvited guest', MS. Then,
            the blame for all of our collective suffering needs to be placed on the complacency of the 'market (profit) driven' medical and pharmaceutical establishment. So, in summary, 'it isn't the heat it's the humidity'.
            I agree that MS gets worse as the weather gets hotter and more humid. But living free of MS would go a long way toward making those hot summer days a lot more tolerable. Think about it.

Comment

Working...
            X