Head/Scalp Spasms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head/Scalp Spasms

I'm wondering has anyone experienced muscle spasms in their head? I often time have muscle spasms that occur in my head and they leave my scalp sore. These are very painful and I was just wondering to treat those and if anyone else is having the same issue.

Yes, I have muscle spasms in my head and scalp. I have had it for years. My scalp tingles with pain and I have extreme muscle spasm in my neck. I was diagnosed with Occipital Neualgia and nerve entrapment. The muscle spasms in my neck have caused the occipital nerves to be entrapped inside the tight muscles. I have experienced this for 10 years. My pain gets worse during relapses.

To help with the pain I take Neurotonin/Gabapentin for the nerve pain, Skelaxin for the muscle spasms and my Neuro gives me Botox injections a few times a year to paralyze . the neck muscles.

You should ask your Neuro what options are available to treat your pain.

The neuralgia is extremely painful and prevents me from looking down. I can no longer clean my house because of the intense pain. I also can't look down for long periods of time while cooking because of the pain. The Neualgia has been so debilitating for me.

I had to receive disability accomdations in Law School and during the Bar Exam because of my inability to look down without being in intense pain and dizzy. I also get nauseous if I look down for too lomg and experience vertigo. Walking downstairs is the worse for me. From what I understand having Trigeminal Neuralgia and Occipital Neuralgia is quite common in people with MS.

Good luck and I hope you find a treatment that works for you.

Comment

Working...
    X