Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are your symptoms consistent?

Hi
    I was just wondering how everyone's symptoms work. Do you feel symptoms every day? Do you have a sliding scale of symptoms ie) on a good day maybe just a a numb foot when you wake up but bad day is muscle spasms, more heat sensitivity, twitching and numbness? Do you have days where you feel no symptoms?

I can't remember a day when I haven't had numerous symptoms! MS stinks!😔

Unfortunately every day is full of symptoms. I have just learned to live with them as part of my life now.
    I do however, struggle meantaly dealing with these symptoms and how MS has changed my life so far.

Originally posted by CWoods View Post
    Hi
    I was just wondering how everyone's symptoms work. Do you feel symptoms every day? Do you have a sliding scale of symptoms ie) on a good day maybe just a a numb foot when you wake up but bad day is muscle spasms, more heat sensitivity, twitching and numbness? Do you have days where you feel no symptoms?

Comment

For me, every day the symptoms are consistent and constant. Fatigue is either better or worse, it depends on how much activity I had in the last 12 hours. Even when I have slept for 11 hours, if I did anything more than take a shower and get clothed and make some oatmeal for breakfast, I have used all of my strength for the day.
      The same goes for any of the other symptoms of MS. If I do anything, I have to account very carefully for my energy use because fatigue will cause me to burn out. Then there is the possibility that some new, possibly temporary, symptom will arise and kick the legs out from under me. But one thing is certain. Every symptom that you experience will require you to devote all of the energy that you can find. MS sucks. Good luck

Comment

Most of my symptoms are pretty constant. The intensity of them definitely worsens if I do too much. Once I rest some will get better back to baseline.

Comment

Inconsistently consistent

I don't have symptoms all the time. I probably have something every day. But when I do have symptoms, they are the same thing. One example: when I get stressed out or overheated, some old numbness comes back - often only for about 5 minutes. But I could also go 6 months without it. And I can often tell when I'm hitting a point at which I will induce fatigue if I don't take a good break. But fatigue can pop up anytime, too.

So ... inconsistently consistent.

Comment

Dizzy all day every day

I haven't had a symptom free day for over 3 years. I am dizzy all day every day with a burning tongue and feet. My balance is bad but it gets worse and better depending on the surroundings. If I am in a crowd of people I need my cane to balance.

Some days I just feel "sick" and that's the worst. I start crying and can't stop. I have no appetite and have lost almost 40 pounds. I just got checked out my my doctor and nothing else would cause the weight loss so it must be the Aubagio and I feel that maybe the sick feeling is the medicine as well. I haven't had a flare or new lesions since starting Aubagio so I will keep taking it.

Comment

Daily reminder

My symptoms shadow me all day, every day. Shadow is perhaps the wrong word, as they are so close to me as to be like a veneer of me.

I am and recognize that I am one of the lucky ones, so far. I have full mobility. People cannot tell by looking at me what secret I carry. I work full-time. Etceteras.

But I am in constant pain, various kinds at various locations. (On this, the pain rating scales amuse me, taking as their premise that there is one main area of pain that one should rate.)

That pain is consistent, yes. Other symptoms, like ON, muscle weakness, numbness and tingling, come and go.

Fatigue, too, is near constant. I range from being tired to being very tired to being very, very tired.

I thought I was doing so much better, but then winter descended -- at least, that's what I am telling myself is the cause. Who knows, really.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for the clarification. I am not diagnosed. I have had symptoms for a year. My symptoms are consistent in that I don't have random things that haven't happened before. I have my "collection" of symptoms and every day is different. Like getting overheated makes my Left foot numb, I get spasms only in my Left leg, twitches happen in specific locations on my left side, I get clusters of vertigo and/or dizziness, If I am sick or have pushed my self too hard my symptoms get more intense, in the summer The symptoms are 10x worse than the winter etc. I just wanted to see while we are trying to figure this out if people feel the exact same way every day.

Comment

AriD

Ditto! Are most of you who responded to this thread RRMS?????

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                  RRMS
                  Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

First flare 8 years ago resolved almost completely and I rarely had any symptoms. I was very lucky to go so long with next to nothing. Since a flare in Sept. I have been living with ongoing problems on a daily basis. Some things have improved, but many things have not. There are however fluctuations which means some days are better than others. Mondays are better than Fridays and I am usually worse at the end of the day. Fatigue, stress and not feeling well always make things worse.

Comment

Hello CWoods,

Multiple Sclerosis can be different for everyone.

Some can have long periods of no symptoms, some have a combination of permanent symptoms and symptoms that come and go, some only have symptoms that come and go and it is not uncommon to have good days and bad days.
                      Diagnosed 1984
                      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

RRMS and Insurance Coverage

Symptoms aside, about 80% of MS patients are categorized as RRMS. And why? Maybe it's a correct statistic, but maybe because insurance coverage for DMD's is usually limited to that category, given that there are no known DMD's for SPMS or PPMS. Most neuros are very aware of that problem.

Symptoms are notoriously inconsistent patient to patient and notoriously inconsistent from day to day, month to month, except maybe for fatigue, which is pretty consistent overall.

Comment

There was a time, early on in the disease, when I would have no symptoms at all for long periods of time. Now, even though still RRMS, I have few days where there isn't something. At times I know I don't do enough to ward them off, I get overheated or stressed.

To be honest, I'm almost glad the "good days" are gone. It was crushing emotionally and mentally when I would be normal, really normal, for months and then I'd have a flare. It was like watching that part of my life die over and over.

Comment

Symptoms Everyday...

I am PPMS, so my symptoms never leave me

I just received a pulse of steroids, so that has helped to temporarily improve some of them...but still they are there. The fatigue is for sure the one constant for me. Add to that muscle weakness..spasms..spasticity...not so fun stuff.

I just try to take everyday as it comes. Some days are better than others.

So again, my symptoms never leave me and I will likely even acquire a few new ones to add to my collection in the coming months years

Comment

Working...
                            X