Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I tell if this is a flare or spacisity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I tell if this is a flare or spacisity?

Hi! I have been having some trouble for the past month or so, okay a bit longer, maybe 6 months. Both of my shoulders are stiff and painful. Wakes me up at night and during the day my arms feel heavy. I can still move my arms but the stiffness in my shoulders feels like all the tissues around them are inflamed. Even into the under arms and breast tissue, (no lumps or bumps) so much so that sleeping on my stomach is painful. I take 600 mg ibuprophen and it helps. Is this spacisity?
    I just went to my neuro about a month ago and of course I didn't say anything to him about this. I forgot to write it down. But now along with the shoulders I have had a few sessions of cramps in my mid left back that radiate to my side. I could stretch those out but this should thingy is a bugger. Would solumedrol infusion help? Is this a flare. Only had one infusion and been dx for about 4 yrs.
    thanks and be well...

sounds like spasticity. You could ask your doc to up your Baclofen; add something like Zanaflex, or get an appointment with a PT that specializes in MS. At most large medical centers, they have this. They can teach you stretches, as well as stretch you out once or twice per week.

Good luck,
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Lisa, I don't take anything other than my Avonex, but maybe it is time to look into the other "comfort" helping meds. I appreciate your time and advice. Be well too. weener

Comment

Working...
      X