This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New msworld look

Well! With my brain not working as well as it once did, I do like sticking to old formats. They have a sort of comfort factor and don't take too much pondering about.
    I am sure I will get used to it!

I agree, the brightness is too bright. The font selection is a disappointment (I use an IPad and prefer to manually adjust my font at random rather than select from a fixed S, M, and L.)

All the buttons things on the left are a distraction, new/old, up/down, read/not. Some of this is intuitive and doesn't require so much detail. I prefer the old bold for new and not bold for already read.

Why so slow? So slow..... Hope this is remedied somehow!

Fix the brightness first!!!
    Symptoms 8/09. Dx 1/10. Avonex 2/10 - 1/11. Copaxone 2/11 to 5/13. Tecfidera 5/13 to 2/15. Gilenya 12/15 to current.

Comment

Thank you all for your feedback - the team is taking all this into consideration and working to fix these issues! Please be patient
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Not a happy camper

I agree with the others way tooo bright hurt the eyes. Stays like this I will probable visit less often Hope something is done to at least make it less bright.

Comment

Yes, too much white space and the print is way too small.

Comment

COMMENTS ABOUT WEBSITE

Hello Everyone.

If you look at the previous threads made in the Technical Support Forum - we have seen that the size of the font & the color scheme is not working for many of y'all.

We are working to get this done as fast as we possibly can.

Please be patient with us during this time... I'm sorry for the issue that the new website is causing - however, the update did need to happen for functionality purposes.

We value your input & being an MSWorld Member. Please know that we are taking every comment made and working on this.

Thank you for your patience.

xoxo
            Ashley Ringstaff
            Ringer1319/RingpOP
            MSWorld Volunteer
            Living with MS since 8/30/10

Comment

Hello.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the brightness and font size of the Message Boards is being worked on as we speak.

Thanks for being patient & letting us know what needed to be addressed.
              Ashley Ringstaff
              Ringer1319/RingpOP
              MSWorld Volunteer

Comment

I'm late to the party, such as it is, and noticed that my issues have already been spoken. I too want an option for a font sized S and the white it waaaaay too white and I already have eystrain issues just from the nature of my job. Thanks for working on them.

Comment

We have made some changes - and are continuing to do so...
                  Let us know what you think as changes are made
                  Ashley Ringstaff
                  Ringer1319/RingpOP
                  MSWorld Volunteer

Comment

Read post #18 by Kat (MSWorld founder) here http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...35960-New-site
                    Last edited by RingpOP; 02-07-2015, 05:08 PM. Reason: Removed poolwTchers post
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Poolwatcher
                      What was the reason to change what was a very well functioning website? It's like coming home and finding the walls all moved, new furniture,new landscaping, because the neighbor got bored with your old home.

Same thing happened about five years ago at Fine Cooking's message board which had been a thriving board of great cooks. Within five months, 95% left the board and joined one on Delphi that a member set up to take it's place--successfully.
                      I understand that some members do not like the new website... and we are working to make things a bit easier for reading purposes, etc.

However, there is no other site like MSWorld - and I don't see it being replicated, ever. All staff at MSWorld are all Volunteers, living with MS.

This website update was made for easier functionality on ALL devices, not just computers. It was very much needed. Seeing as the New Website was just launched Sunday, it is going to have some glitches that need fixing.

However, this new site makes it easier to use in general. Easier navigation, etc. It's also easier to manage on our side of things.

While everyone is posting the issues they are having here in the Tech Support thread, we are receiving many e-mails from people who love the new website and find it much easier to use.

I can understand stating the things that to do not work for many of you, and as I have said on every thread made about the new site, we are working on the issues people are having. I just don't feel that stating the website as a whole is bad, is completely unnecessary.

Things have to change and adapt as time goes on. If we stayed where we were at and made no changes, then everything would become out-dated and unable to use as technology and software continues to become updated as time goes on.

Thank You
                      Ashley Ringstaff
                      Ringer1319/RingpOP
                      MSWorld Volunteer

Comment

thanks for all you're doing!

i realize that change is needed.
                        thank you all for the work you've done to update MSW for other devices etc.

new always takes getting used to. though the one complaint i have, many have voiced is the bright color and lack of constrast (too sterile) on the message boards.

much of the other areas look great!
                        keep up the good work!

hopefully we all can be patient while the changes are made. there is truly not another MS website that is so great!
                        i don't feel like it's a website, but more like a family & friends gathering place.

take care & God bless ya!
                        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by kittysmith
                          I hate this. I can't find anything. Everything is spread apart. And, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to start a new thread. Very hard to navigate and read. I'm with some others. If it stays like this, I won't be visiting this site much at all. I was comfotable here, but the set up is just too confusing.
                          We have taken all commentary into consideration and have been doing our best to make the Message Boards easier to use and read.

To post a new thread it's at the top left of whatever forum you are viewing.

We love our new home on the web and we can't please everyone's individual tastes, but we are trying to make the changes that he majority of members complained about.

i will now be closing this thread since the comments on this thread have been addressed.

Thank You
                          Ashley Ringstaff
                          Ringer1319/RingpOP
                          MSWorld Volunteer

Comment

Working...
                          X