This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Happened Here

What happened to the website? I logged on the other night and it is all changed. So much harder to read, etc. I keep looking at the URL thinking I'm not on the correct site.

Is there anything I can do to make it more like it was before?

Thanks
    S

Hi akafearless - You are on the newly designed MSWorld website. We had notices up for awhile that this was coming and now it's here!

Many people (and much time spent!) were involved with our founder, Kathleen Wilson, and her vision to create a new home. There will be much more to come in the future! The message boards are basically the same, with a few changes, and chat is still the same. Just explore around and if you, or others, have any specific questions or problems, please post them in the
    Technical Support and Website forum.

We're all learning the ins and outs - including me!!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I know, it's weird right? I'm sure it'll grow on us though
      Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

It's the new trend. Text so light you can't tell it's there and print so small anyone with ON could read it. And 3 times slower. If someone sold this format to the administrators, it's a real shame.

Comment

Hi palmtree - I also found the text so small and difficult to read - ugh! until I found something that helped.
          At the top of the page, you'll see Text Size: M L X
          I use the L size and that helps. Try it and see if that helps

And btw, no one sold MSWorld anything. It was all on a volunteer basis as in all things here on this site!

And everyone - please be patient with our technical staff who are working hard to iron out glitches.
          They are reading these posts and will take all things into consideration
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

THEY HAD TO FIX MSworld because it was NOT BROKEN!

Eery tie they change it itgets worse and harder to use.
            I give up

Comment

there are many issues with anything that is new, and they are being addressed. Thank you all for listing them it helps us to focus in on trouble spots.
              hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
              volunteer
              MS World
              hunterd@msworld.org
              PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Small font, etc.

Originally posted by akafearless View Post
                What happened to the website? I logged on the other night and it is all changed. So much harder to read, etc. I keep looking at the URL thinking I'm not on the correct site.

Thanks
                S
                Hi Akafearless,

Sorry you are having trouble.

As far as font sizes go, if you scroll up to the top of the screen, you should see 'Text Size' with 3 options (M - Medium, L - Large, X - Extra Large). You can play around with which size you like the best. I realize the default makes things a lot smaller than they used to be.

Thanks all for being patient, and thank you for your feedback.
                Kara Friesen
                living.a.new.journey/kara/LiveOP

[I]Content Management Director's Assistant
                Express Newsletter Editor
                Living with MS since 2010

Comment

Originally posted by akafearless View Post

Thanks
                  S
                  Yes, it is different. Professionally cleaner appearance. All new things take getting use to.

Regarding comments to improve it as more user friendly, I suggest:

Your head proportions should be reviewed. Specifically the ratio between the name of thread and the poster of the thread. If a reader wishes to go to MLX what happens is the title gets ridiculous in size just so you can read the poster's name.

As another wrote the Light and the Book weights used should be kicked up (Book & Medium?).

Use a deeper blue, Pure Cyan is a bit harsh, no?

Different tints / panels / rules, to separate the "always there" stuff from the actual thread entries. Break up the info a bit.... tooo much sterile white page

Truthfully, you made site believable and tasteful, but missed regarding the targeted audience here at MSW. Usage is the first criteria any art director should address.

Jer

Comment

General tip about text size...

I can't say for sure if this works for all browsers, but it does in later versions of Internet Explore and Chrome:

If you use a keyboard and mouse with a wheel, you can zoom in and zoom out of most web pages by holding down your Ctrl key and turning the mouse wheel. Turning it away from you zooms out, and toward you to zoom in.
                    PPMS
                    Dx 07/13

Comment

All comments/suggestions in this thread have been acknowledged by MSWorld Volunteers and will be addressed in the near future, if it hasn't been addressed already. Thank you, I'm now closing this thread.
                      Ashley Ringstaff
                      Ringer1319/RingpOP
                      MSWorld Volunteer
                      Living with MS since 8/30/10

Comment

Working...
                      X