Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unsure Facial numbness

Hello-
    I am writing this to see what people who have ms think. I have been having facial numbness in the right side of my face for the majority of the past 3-4 months. There are times that it feels like the skin is being pulled really tight, but mostly numb.

I talked to my doctor about it during my physical and she thought it was something that should be checked and has referred me to a neurologist. I thought I would just wait and see if it would go away on its own. Then I was in to my chiropractic and asked him if it could just be from a fall last year that he was helping me with. He said it could be but he did not think it was...then he said that he treats a few people with Ms and they have hade this as a symptom. he agreed with my Dr and see a neurologist.

I didn't think much other then I set up an appointment with the neurologist. But I looked up MS... 10 years ago I had a really bad case you of vertigo that lasted for a few months. I have dealt with it on and off every since. I have talked to my eye doctor about having my vision in my right eye will slowly close in until I have no vision. It only last for a short time an hour or less though.

The reason I went to the doctor for a physical was I am having extreme fatigue, facial numbess, frequent/hard time holding urine and hearing loss.

She did a full blood panel checked thyroid, diabetes, hearing test. Every thing came back fine except the hearing test showed bilateral hearing loss with a more significant loss in my right ear.

I have since, while waiting to get in the neurologist have been dealing with pneumonia and possibly asthma for the last 5 weeks. I have to admit that I asked the Dr to give me something because I do feel like was starting to become depressed/anxious. I have been on 2 different steroids and anxiety meds the better part of 4 weeks and I still am feeling the numbess.

I guess I am hoping that someone on here would be able to tell me that MS symptoms don't last for that long...or that this doesn't sound like MS, but maybe _________.

I guess what I am asking is I am still dealing with the pneumonia is it something that I should still pursue with the neurologist, or is there something else I should maybe talk to my regular Dr about?

I am sorry about the long and ramble post I just feel frustrated by SO MANY health issues right now and the Dr's not being able to do anything but tell me it takes time.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

First I want to say welcome to the site and also I am sorry you are having so many health issues right now.

Just from your description of your symptoms sounds like a visit to a neurologists is a good idea. After all, your regular doctor was concerned enough to recommend you see the neurologist.
    Your regular doctor is the one you need to see about the pneumonia.

I think you should trust your doctor and chiropractor and see the neurologist.

It sounds like something is going on, but the question is what? Knowledge is good.

Hang in there, saying prayers for you and your doctors.

Comment

One of my primary symptoms has been facial semi-numbness, on one side only. Imagine spreading a thin layer of Elmer's glue all over one side of your face and letting it dry. How would it feel? Now try talking, smiling, smirking, etc. This is how it feels. Best way I know to describe it. Poke me with a safety pin, and I feel it for sure, but other than that, it feels kinda numb, half alive, unresponsive, somewhat immobile.
      I wish you the best.
      Portia

Comment

Working...
      X