Optic neuritis onset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optic neuritis onset?

I've had MS for 11 years but never had any vision issues. My lesions have mostly been in my spine with a few in my brain. Today I started seeing flashes of light from the right eye in my peripheral vision. I also now have eye pain especially when moving my eye. No blurred vision or color issues and no dark spots. Could it be the onset of optic neuritis and those are just yet to come?
    Carrie

Hi carrie - That's what I experienced with my 2nd bout of ON. You might want to let you neuro know what happening and make an appointment with an ophthalmologist to have it checked out just to be sure!

I hope things turn out OK for you!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

How often do you have the flashes?

I've had similar flashes of light for about 6 months in my left eye,but probably only about 6-10 total over the entire period. I don't have any other eye symptoms, so I ruled it out as an ON issue and decided it was just aging eyes (45). Curious what you find out.

Comment

It may be ON, but it may also be the beginnings of a retinal detachment so my suggestion would be to make yourself an appointment with an Optometrist if you can't immediately get in to see an Ophthalmologist. Better to be on the safe side than sorry.

Comment

Please see an opthalmologist ASAP.

It might be ON, but it might be a retina getting ready to detach...
          1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
          NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I made an appointment with an opthomologist but couldn't get in until Wednesday. I also left a message at my neurologists office. Waiting for a call back. I am also SUPER exhausted! The kind of exhaustion with a bad MS attack where all the sleep doesn't help so I'm leaning toward ON.... Still flashes of light. 6 in a row just recently. No blurred vision or dark spots or color vision loss.
            Carrie

Comment

Sorry you have to wait, carrie~ let us know what you find out and please take care
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Sounds like on set of on.

Comment

Working...
                X