Cereals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cereals

What cereals who eat cereal are the best to eat? I'm still trying to figure out a diet that fits for me. Thanks I really appreciate any suggugetions.

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

I do stone ground oats with cinnamon, peanut butter, chia,flax and hemp seeds
    keeps you full
    1995-symptoms with no cause
    2000-diagnosed with Probable MS.
    2000/1-started Avonex
    2002-Rebif b/c increasing brain plaques
    Nov-13-Tecfidera b/c needle fatigue&sympt

Comment

I use gluten free cereals by Bob's Red mill: Gluten free oats, Scottish oatmeal, Mighty tasty hot cereal and Polenta. I use a different one each day and add chopped raw almonds and frozen blueberries. The cereals I order on Amazon, and the almonds and blueberries I get at Costco (NOT the Organic ones!). A good dairy free milk is the Almond breeze Coconut Almond. For sweetener I use Agave from Costco.

Comment

I eat Quaker instant oatmeal, I scoop out the bulk of the sugar and add a big scoop of hemp seeds to each bowl. I have that twice a day and I also eat Kellogg's Bran Flakes once each day, 2-3 bowls. I actually pretty much live on cereals now as it is the only way I seem to be able to keep my stomach calm and bowls moving.

I still eat some fruits and veggies but it messes up my stomach every time I do...

Comment

Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

Thanks so much for your suggestions. I REALLY am TRYING!!! I got bang when I saw polenta. My mother was Italian and we ate that so much as kids. Thanks again. It is so great to have people help one another. Being new......I need all the help I can get, LOL!!!!

Diagnosed 6-28-14
          RRMS

Comment

If you are eating meat make egg cupcakes.
            make a dozen and warm one or two up each day
            2000/1-started Avonex

Comment

For Nasprepmodner

Please don't think I'm a dummy from mars.......but could you tell me how to make egg cups. Really couldn't find anything.

Thanks.......really appreciate it. I LOVE eggs!!!

Susie Q

Diagnosed 6-28-14
              RRMS

Comment

I haven't made them in a couple years as we went vegan but ill try to remember
                Whip a dozen eggs with some milk as if you were going to make omelette, add some tumeric, garlic if you like. Chop up vegs that you like and put in muffin cups.
                i would use peppers and onions, sometimes mushrooms.
                Bake 350 for about 12-15 mins
                2000/1-started Avonex

Comment

I mix different cereals depending on what I feel like. Fibre One for sure then sometimes Cheerios, All Bran Buds, Shredded Wheat, etc. I cut up fruit like apples to add.

When eating hot cereal make sure you get Steel Cut oats.
                  Jen
                  RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                  "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

A Big Thanks. The eggs sound DEEEEEEEELICIOUS!!!! And what a great idea mixing cereal up. My appetite is just not there and I know I have to eat. I've lost 12lbs. on Rebif and I'm a small person and they told me I have to start getting some meat on my bones. Have any of you lost your taste-buds for food you once loved???? Or is it the lack of energy to cook??? I'm just trying to sort this all together. Think I'm having some depression with it all but I am on an anti-depressant. Just have to keep pluggin I guess.

My best to all of you
                    Susie Q

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                    RRMS

Comment

Started making a mix of whole oats and buckwheat groats- aka kasha. The oats take longer to cook so I start them first.
                      Bring 2 cups water to a low boil, add 1/4 cup whole or cracked oats- not the quick stuff. Turn heat to low, let cook for about 10 minutes. Add 1/4 cup groats. Let cook until almost all of the water is absorbed. Stores well in the fridge for quick microwave heating. I heat it for one minute, add a blob of Earth Balance fake butter and a dab of maple syrup.

The water cereal ratio can be upped to 4 cups water: 1 cup cereal split evenly between the oats and groats.

I went to the trouble of mixing oats and groats for the higher protein of the groats but to avoid the overwhelming flavor "cut" it with the oats. The mixed texture is quite good.

Comment

To Nosprepodner!!!

Hi There!

It's Saturday and my friend Rick came for a late breakfast and I made the little egg fluffs in the cupcake tins. I loved it and so did he!!! I put the rest in saran wrap so I can zap them in the micro-wave. Just had to let you know. I even grated finely carrots in it.

Thanks..... It was fun! Now....to work on....I got a NINJA for Christmas and will start looking up healthy recipes for that.

Susie Q

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                        RRMS

Comment

I agree about oatmeal. It is always a good choice.

I don't eat hardly any other cereals at all, except for Cheerios, because it also has oats and is very low in gluten. I suspect most cereals have a lot of white flour calories in them, which aren't very good for us.
                          ~ Faith
                          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Glad to hear it.

That is good.

These were my go to lunch for the work week until we decided to eliminate the eggs from the diet.
                            I would make my work week's worth, pop them in for a minute or two in the nukerator, they hold pretty well as long as you let them cool before you box or wrap them, otherwise they condensate and can get a little gross.

The options are endless as anything you could think to put in an omelette can go in and very few things actually need to be cooked first, most the veggies hold up better if they go in raw.

They sure beat oats
                            2000/1-started Avonex

Comment

Working...
                            X