Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 1/22/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 1/22/15

Hi Everyone. We continue on our journey to shed those excess pounds some of which were gained during the Holidays. We have no such excuse now as we forge ahead. Thanks for reminding us of the value of using smaller plates Malaholic and Agate which truly can make a difference. Smaller plates used to be the norm as antique dishes prove. If restaurants used smaller plates we would be much better off. Check Tip For The Week for a suggestion to overcome the huge amounts of food in restaurants.

I am happy to report that I lost 2.5 pounds this week so now weigh 115.5 I can scarcely believe it even though I really did watch my food intake. I will try my best to get rid of the extra half pound this week

Agate, good going. I hope your dental work is coming to an end. Relishing having your clothes fit better may act as an incentive to not go up in weight. I know that you can do it.

Mamabug, I like your positive attitude which is based on reality. There is no doubt in my mind that you can lose. Keep fighting the good fight.

Hsmaldo, I hope you are well and that we will see you soon.

Malaholic, good going. Every fraction of a pound counts. Your plan to first fill your plate with salad and veggies comes right from Dr. Oz. He would be proud of you. It really does help. That is great that you are increasing exercise. That will really pay off in more ways than one. Keep up the good work.

hlburke87, sorry about your gain but it well may be temporary. Hormone changes during the month will cause fluctuations. I do hope you see a loss this week. I’m sorry about your fatigue which can have a negative impact on weight for more reasons that one. Don’t be discouraged.

Poohb3ar, that’s a very good loss. You are on the right track. Actually whole grain cereal such as oatmeal is a very good breakfast that is of course without sugar. I eat a big bowl of oatmeal with frozen blueberries mixed in and then topped with yogurt. It is very healthful and I like the taste. Oatmeal is very filling. But whatever you did this week worked for you so keep it up. Good luck.

Portia, so glad to hear you aren’t sick anymore. That fraction of a pound is not surprising if you weren’t feeling well. Your food plan is a good idea. I applaud you for investigating food plans with the intention of following the nutrition guide as suggested. Let us know how it works. Stay well.

Ailsinngrace, sorry to miss you but hope we hear from you this week. Be well.

Barrister16, so sorry to miss you this week. Do let us know how you are doing.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for eleven years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week.

Most of us hate to waste food and instead opt for letting food go to our waist. This is a special problem when eating in restaurants where we have no control over the amount of food being served. Few people would opt for avoiding restaurants altogether to avoid the problem. Now is the time to be proactive. Before eating a bite in a restaurant ask for take out containers. Immediately put a fraction, perhaps as much as a half, into the containers. Ideally one might ask for takeout containers before the meal arrives. That solves the problem of salivating over all that delicious looking food while waiting for the containers.

Weight loss Results for 1-15-15:

Total Loss:

3.1 pounds by three members. Losing that unwanted weight is something for which you should feel proud. You three are our inspiration for this week.

Total Gain:

3.6 pounds by three members. Congratulations on admitting the truth. Reporting gains is a sign of commitment to the process. It serves also as a message to others to beware.

Stayed the same:

1 member. Good going. As we know, staying the same truly is success, especially for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3644.2 is the total weight loss for the past 12 years. Now we have hit a new milestone. We have now lost over 1.75 tons in total. That means we only need to lose another approximately 400 pounds to reach two tons. That is awesome.

yipee!

down 1.1 lbs for 155.9! just gotta love those digital scales !

very happy with a weight loss at all this week. Fri was DD's birthday & celebrate i did!!! but did a 'smoothie fast' on sat. it's in 'The 17 Day DIet' by Dr. Moreno.
    i'm on cycle 2, which adds more foods (like oatmeal ) to my diet. finding his approach isn't so unique, but buying the book has me committed to following closely so that's good.
    it's alternate eating on this cycle, low calories 1 day then 'higher' cals. the next.

shrink, great tip! reminds me of Weight Watchers saying long ago, 'better to waste food than let it go to waist'

another tip for eating out, go online for menu and nutrition amounts for restaurant; order water; always order first so not tempted to change mind & get something fattening.
    also you can order off many kids menus if you ask. much more normal portions.

i've even eaten appetizers or side dishes for my entree'. saves money & calories!

great job on your weight loss shrink! so glad you've kept this thread going! thank you!

take care & God bless ya'll!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Last Thursday I was at 166. This morning, I was 163.8. I fluctu(weight). Well, this is the least I've weighed in more than 15 years. I'd like to get down to my pre-motherhood weight of 155.
      Portia

Comment

Sorry I was MIA!

I know I've pretty much dropped off and for that I apologize. Thank you for all your well wishes and thoughts and prayers for my surgery in November.

Surgery went well, my sister came out for 3 1/2 weeks and took over EVERYTHING. It was wonderful and I honestly believe I wouldn't have recovered as well or as quickly as I did if she hadn't come and helped.

My parents came out in time for Christmas and it was a blessing to have them with us as well.

I was pretty careful about what I ate during the holidays and maintained my weight.

However, when I started back to work 2 weeks ago, I started gaining again. Argh.

So, I'm back on the wagon,

Starting weight this year is 210

Comment

Lost 0.8 lbs

1/22 : 133.8 lbs
          1/15: 134.6 lbs
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Sorry about being late

Weight for this week is 171, so it stayed the same.

hlburke87

Comment

1.4 lb gain.

today - 113.4
              last week - 112.0
              prior week - 112.8

I'd been losing, and continued to eat well and exercise a bit, but this week I've got not only a gain, but my stomach is looking bloaty and distended as well. I don't know what is going on but I hope I can get back on track this week.

hsmaldo - glad to see you back!
              Sx since 2007; Dx Oct. 2014. Started Copaxone after Dx...praying that it's working!

Comment

Working...
              X