Leftover sores from Copaxone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leftover sores from Copaxone.

Believe it or not I have a small scab type thing leftover from a shot of Copaxone from YEARS ago. It's right on my butt so I'm kind of embarrassed to show it to a doctor. Every so often I pick it off, but the little red sore never goes away.

I also bruise for no apparent reason.

I replied to another person's post with the above message, but mine was the last reply to the question. So I thought I'd start my own thread. Has anyone had a permanent visible sore from your shots?
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Yes. I quit the shots nearly 10 yrs ago and I still have lumps on my thighs and sore spots on my arms. I'm thankful the migraines eased up.
    Karen

Comment

Be Careful!

Marti......why I say be careful is you don't want it to turn into a pressure ulcer. I had an accident in 2010 I developed a pressure ulcer 12X8 and was in the hospital for months because it got infected. I ended up on a wound vac for a year in bed. Had round the clock help and couldn't drive for a year and a half. That was the most difficult medical issue I have had. Being it was so large I still have problems and once they get my MS medication on track in one year I will have to have a tissue flap surgery to cushion it. They removed most of the rt. cheek on my butt. Please see a Dr. I'm not telling you it's anything like mine but that area is difficult to treat.

Let us know if you go to the Dr.

My best to you........
      Susie Q

Diagnosed 6-28-14
      RRMS
      Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond57 View Post
        Marti......why I say be careful is you don't want it to turn into a pressure ulcer. I had an accident in 2010 I developed a pressure ulcer 12X8 and was in the hospital for months because it got infected. I ended up on a wound vac for a year in bed. Had round the clock help and couldn't drive for a year and a half. That was the most difficult medical issue I have had. Being it was so large I still have problems and once they get my MS medication on track in one year I will have to have a tissue flap surgery to cushion it. They removed most of the rt. cheek on my butt. Please see a Dr. I'm not telling you it's anything like mine but that area is difficult to treat.

Let us know if you go to the Dr.

My best to you........
        Susie Q

Thanks for telling me this. I never considered it. Didn't even know it was possible. This thing has never changed in all these years. It kind of looks like an old tick bite, but I know it's from one of the shots.
        Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Mine permanent sore has been since September. I showed my Shared Solutions nurse. She thought maybe I injected too close to the inside of my arm.
          I think I injected into a chronic hive spot or wheal. (
          Originally posted by Karenkay View Post
          Yes. I quit the shots nearly 10 yrs ago and I still have lumps on my thighs and sore spots on my arms. I'm thankful the migraines eased up.
          Northerngal

Comment

Working...
          X