Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dystonia

Hi Everyone,
    Along with MS and dysautonomia, now I told I have dystonia. Fun There are days when I shake without control, thankfully it is only about twice a week.
    So with MS, and blood pressure that often rages from 87/77 to 150/83 pulse 111. Now I get to have a dystonia dance of uncontrollable shaking. Not complaining, I have much to be thankful for, and I am. I just wonder if anyone out there have this combination of symptoms?

Hello Tom. I do have some erratic BP's, anxiety can really make mine soar. Next reading will be perfectly fine. I don't know if it is related to MS in any way. Losing weight recently seemed to stabilize my readings somewhat. My pulse seems high for someone like me who has always been athletically active. I don't know if it ever goes under 90.

I don't have dystonia, but a good friend of mine does. She has the neck and head tremors. She tried botox injections a few times, did not like her lack of range of motion in her neck, and difficulty swallowing. She decided to try acupuncture, and that has been a wonderful treatment for her. Most times I don't even remember she had tremors. I am amazed at how controlled her's are.

Just wanted to wish you well and let you know what my friend had tried.

Comment

Cervical Dystonia

Hello Tom. I was dx with Cervical Dystonia (spasmodic torticollis - head tremors) in February 2014 and also have difficulty with my blood pressure, even with meds. I've the various oral meds, didn't work. I've also had three rounds of botox injections which were unsuccessful. Now, I just have to learn to live with the head tremors.

This past week, I was also dx with Fibromyalgia. To top that off, the gp also told me I should expect an additional dx. I have not been dx with MS but still have many sx that are not part of Fibro but are MS-like and no one seems to be able to tell me what causes them.

I am falling (legs buckle and give out from under me) more frequently and it's pretty scary.

The best thing to do, for now, to help regulate your bp is to evaluate what you eat and try eating healthier (organic/100% natural foods), less fatty meats and more fruits, veggies and grains...oh, and reduce salt (I know, you probably knew that one already!). And of course, try to exercise more whenever and however you can, even if its just a few minutes at a time.

Listen to your body. That's what I'm working on now. It's hard for me cause I really enjoy salty snacks and sweets!

Good luck and good health to you!

Comment

Working...
      X