could this be symptom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could this be symptom

For over 2 weeks now, I've had literally 2 second dizzy spells with a tingly/electric shock sensation in my lower arm below my elbow ..only left arm. WTH could this be?? I'm perfectly fine after. Im keeping a record. It's happened 20 times over the last 2 weeks.
    April

Yes, your brief dizziness and abnormal sensations could be from your MS.

However, a mistake many make, including myself, is making that assumption without having other causes ruled out. We can have other health issues as well as MS and not everything is MS related.

It is best to consult with your Neurologist whenever in doubt or concerned.

Take care
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Hmm, I had a similar issue about six months ago. My neuro ordered an EEG, which showed no abnormalities. I was concerned because it was my left side, but heart problems were also ruled out.

When I was experiencing these spells, it was accompanied by a warm achy feeling and included my leg. I decided it was MS and probably related to spasticity. But I'm just guessing, and it's gone away for the most part.
      Portia

Comment

Portia: MS symptoms do not usually only last 2 seconds. For an exacerbation they have to last at least 24 hours continuously. So, I agree with SNOOPY, this may be something other than MS going on at this point. Talk to your neurologist about it, let them take a detailed history, so that they can make a correct diagnosis.

Good luck
        Lisa
        Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
        SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
        Tysabri

Comment

I, on the other hand, have experienced the repeated, brief seconds of dizziness.

Yes, in order to be an MS flare, the symptoms need to last at least 24 hours. But, if the symptoms are repeating themselves, over a 24 hour period, it always seemed to me that they were lasting 24 hours.

For me, time was the answer. The symptoms would last 24 hours, and 36 hours, and 48 hours, and well. You get the picture. And, the dizziness symptoms would progress to additional symptoms of an MS flare.

However, other things may also need to be ruled out, as Snoopy pointed out.

My response to questions like, "Could this be MS?" is usually:
          Yes, it could be. MS affects our brain and our brain affects all part of our mind and body and emotions. Anything could be an MS symptom.
          And, No, it might not be. There are other things that could cause those symptoms.

Not much help, am I?
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

thanks for the replies

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I forgot my PW and then I also forgot my PW for my password keeper
            I did go to the neurologist on Monday and she fit me in for a contrast MRI. She just called me an hour ago. She said the MRI showed nothing new which was good. She said it was probably a paroxysmal symptom...a scar that's getting irritated and firing off an irregular signal (or s/t like that) She said I could take tegretol but after doing a web search on that drug, I decided I'll wait and see if it gets worse, I had 2 episodes today. the most I had in one day was 4 so we'll see. Thanks for the replies.
            April

Comment

Working...
            X