What are you Watching on Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you watching on Netflix

I’m so excited that someone else enjoys Call The Midwife! I also was hooked on Newsroom and wish they would create more episodes. Now don’t judge...My 31 year old daughter got me to watch Shameless and she was surprised when I told her I binged watched ALL the episodes and found it strangely entertaining. The new season just recently started up again on Showtime.

Comment

Netflix:
      The Queen - 2nd season just released
      House of Cards - renewed for a 6th and final season (without Kevin Spacey)

HBO:
      Big Little Lies - renewed for a 2nd season

Comment

Hi all,
        Haven't watched 'normal' tv for months. Kids have gotten us hooked on watching streamed series and movies.

The only news i hear is occasionally on radio when driving. Or on tv in docs office.
        Saw one report about a massive spill of liquid chocolate some where in europe , apparently it was harder to cleanup than chemicals .

Has any one watched 'Breath' ? Thoughts? I found it sad yes but uplifting as well not depressing.

And would like to recommend a movie i watched only yesterday - Old Fashioned.
        Loved it. If you give it a go please let me know what you think?
        Caroline.

Comment

It seems like we have different shows on Netflix here in NZ, but if you have the opportunity and like a good murder mystery, I'd highly recommend 'Marcella'.

We've just started watching Whitechapel too and thoroughly enjoyed the first series.

We generally aren't into reality shows, in fact can't stand most of them, but Churchill's Secret Agents, The New Recruits was a really interesting and educational series.

Comment

Just finished Santa Clarita Diet and Wentworth.

Probably about to start Black Mirror. Although my Netflix Que has over 100 things in it so I might try something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
              Just finished Santa Clarita Diet and Wentworth.

Probably about to start Black Mirror. Although my Netflix Que has over 100 things in it so I might try something else.
              My wife and I enjoyed Santa Clarita Diet, and we’ve also watched Black Mirror which is really good but we found some episodes to be pretty dark.

We also enjoyed Stranger Things too — though it may be targeting us since the 80’s were our teenage years! 😊

Comment

I'm a pretty big Netflix addict too. And Hulu. And Amazon prime.

We don't have cable. But network TV has lots of good new shows and returning shows too.
                ~ Faith
                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMan View Post
                  My wife and I enjoyed Santa Clarita Diet, and we’ve also watched Black Mirror which is really good but we found some episodes to be pretty dark.

We also enjoyed Stranger Things too — though it may be targeting us since the 80’s were our teenage years! 😊

I really enjoyed that first season of Stranger Things. I always meant to watch the second I just never got around to it.

Comment

Just finished the 2nd season of "Ozark".

Comment

Going to have to place Black Mirror on hold ... Empire records is on there and that brings back so many memories from my teenage years.

Comment

YouTube

Here's a link to a thread about suggested YouTube channels. I thought it might be a good addition to this thread.

https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...=1#post1513897
                        ~ Faith
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                          Here's a link to a thread about suggested YouTube channels. I thought it might be a good addition to this thread.

https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...=1#post1513897
                          I'll have to check those out.

Another feel-good YouTube channel is Christa Hiebert.

Christa is the parent of a large family, by choice. Christa and Monte have four biological children, 2 adopted children, and recently two foster children. They homeschool.

I mostly enjoy her vlogs about the kids, vacations, birthdays, occasional Monday Encouragement, etc . She also posts about grocery hauls and THM (Trim Healthy Mama), which are two of her most popular topics.

I must confess that I'm interested in the posts about the kids and the family because they are acquaintances. Although I don't know Christa well, I've taught 3 of her kids in Sunday School over the years. They are just the nicest family.
                          ~ Faith
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Making a murderer , Black Mirror, the haunting of hill house , and starting to re watch Orange is the new black since this coming season is the last ....

Insomnia and knowing you don't have to wake up for anything the next day make for some long lists of shows.

Comment

I am subscribing to Hallmark movies for just $5.99 per month. I might discontinue after the holidays, or just keep it. We don't have cable TV. It's an inexpensive way to get lots of family friendly holiday movies.
                              Last edited by Mamabug; 11-23-2018, 05:23 PM.
                              ~ Faith
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by pb909 View Post
                                Just finished the 2nd season of "Ozark".
                                Great series.
                                The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                                X