• Show
Clear All

I'm loving these suggestions!
    I've enjoyed
    The Black List
    White Collar
    Psych
    Burn Notice
    "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
    Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

I don’t have Netflix, but I love “American Ninja Warrior” and it is likely on Netflix

I don’t have Netflix, but I love “American Ninja Warrior” and it is likely on Netflix.
      I find it inspiring, when you see a guy with one leg do better than healthy people in their prime you know you can do more.
      And some of the stories are WOW! for example last year an out of shape father of 2 got in shape for his wife

and LOL, you could say the contestants are to normal people and normal people are to us.

[COLOR=NAVY]**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to your Username on black bar running across top of page > My Settings > Edit Profile**[/COLOR
      Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        Several of you suggested Prison Break, so we started watching it in June. We were on vacation for a couple of weeks, so we resumed in July after we got back. We've usually varied which series we choose to continue from one time to the next, but, since starting Prison Break, we'd been pretty addicted and just watched that.

Finally, this weekend, we watched the final eleven episodes, all in one day. I've sometimes done a little bit of binge watching, but, never to this extent. I was hooked. The final episode was a total surprise to me.

I've read they are thinking about coming back with a 12-episode 5th season in 2016 and that the actors who played Michael and Lincoln both plan to return.
        Still waiting for the Season 5. Season 4 (2009?) left main character, Michael Schofield, supposedly dead and buried.

Sounds like it might be scheduled, now, for early 2017, as part of Fox's mid-season line-up, instead of 2016 as I thought I'd heard earlier. Michael has been found alive in a Yemen prison and, of course, the plot is about breaking out.

We recently found Breakout Kings on Netflix. It takes place in Fox River State Penitentiary, just like Prison Break and, in one episode, T-Bag (Theodore Bagwell) was in it. Haven't watched the whole series yet, and it's OK. But, not as addicting as Prison Break was.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

We've also been watching some old re-runs on Hulu Plus. Things like:
          • Reba
          • Taxi
          • Seinfeld
          • Seventh Heaven
          • etc.

Sometimes, I'm in the mood for something suspenseful, like Prison Break. Sometimes, I just want something light that I don't have to concentrate on.
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Any new Netflix shows/movies worth watching?

This was a good active thread for awhile so I thought I'd give it a little nudge.

I'm waiting for the 5th season of House of Cards due to be released May 30, 2017.

Comment

I've been watching less on Netflix lately. One show that I haven't mentioned, I think, is Grace and Frankie.
              If you haven't seen The Gilmore Girls series, watch. Then watch the movies The Gilmore Girls - A Year in the Life.
              ---------------------------------------------
              On Amazon Prime, I've recently watched - The A Word (about a boy with autism)
              I'm getting started with the first season of - The Newsroom
              I watched most of:
              • The Sopranos (a lot of bad language and violence in that)

---------------------------------------------
              I watch a lot of Hulu. We don't have either cable TV or a DVR. It's nice to be able to catch up on a network TV show "on demand" instead of needing to watch it when it is scheduled. Some of the shows I like to watch there include:
              • All 4 Chicago shows: Chicago Med, Chicago PD, Chicago Fire, and Chicago Justice. I hadn't really taken note of any of them until this year, so I missed some of the earlier seasons of some of them.
              • Shades of Blue
              • Prison Break 2017 (I don't enjoy Season 5 as much as some of the other seasons. Seems to be more violent, and doesn't have much about Michael and Sarah's relationship yet.)
              • Scandal

We really liked This Is Us when it was on before the season was over.
              ------------------------------------
              I'll have to go back and re-read some other suggestions on this thread. I've watched a lot of them, but there are likely some that I haven't seen that I'll want to try.

Last edited by Mamabug; 04-27-2017, 11:36 AM.
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Thanks for the heads up about house of cards Have been wondering.
                Grace and Frankie is good for a laugh - but i think most of the credit goes to the incredible line up of actors they managed to get to do it- some old pros who have withstood the test of time.
                Does anyone know when the next season of Backlist will start?
                Ta,
                Caroline

Comment

Mamabug:
                  wow you sound like one of those millennial "cord-cutters"...
                  I've seen or I'm watching a bunch of what you listed and they are great recommendations.

Carolinemf:
                  Do you mean Blacklist the tv show? If so it's currently on NBC.
                  A spin-off series, The Blacklist: Redemption, is currently on too.

Other non-Netflix:
                  Billions on Showtime - second season now airing.
                  The Leftovers on HBO - third and final season now airing.
                  Big Little Lies on HBO - a one season seven episode mini-series just completed.

Comment

Originally posted by pb909 View Post
                    Mamabug:
                    wow you sound like one of those millennial "cord-cutters"...
                    I've seen or I'm watching a bunch of what you listed and they are great recommendations.
                    A millennial cord-cutter? You mean because we don't have cable TV? We've never had cable TV; we had no cords to cut. In the past, we just got by without it because we're "cheap" and found enough to keep us entertained on network TV.

lol Now, we have so many other options. It's so much less expensive to subscribe to Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime than it would be to pay for cable TV every month. And, with me being on disability and at home so much, TV is one of my "hobbies" when I'm alone and also one of the things hubby and I enjoy doing together in the evenings.

And millennial? lol My kids are millennials. I'm an old baby boomer.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Yes, joking on the cord-cutting - I'm a baby-boomer too with 3 adult millennial kids.

I'm still tied to "cable tv" and it's not cheap, even though I have Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by pb909 View Post
                        Yes, joking on the cord-cutting - I'm a baby-boomer too with 3 adult millennial kids.I'm still tied to "cable tv" and it's not cheap, even though I have Netflix.
                        I've thought about getting Sling TV. Much less expensive than regular cable. Has options for a $20, $30 or $40 per month plan, as well as some add-on options. But, so far, we're just getting by with Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime.
                        ~ Faith
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I also watched Anne with an "E" on Netflix. It's an Anne of Green Gables thing, but really well done. First season is only 6 episodes. It aired on CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) in Canada, and was co-produced together with Netflix.

I've also been watching Big Love on Amazon Prime. It's about a polygamous family in Utah.
                          Also [U]Newsroom[U/] on Amazon Prime. A lot of bad language, though, if that bothers you.
                          Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                          I've been watching less on Netflix lately. One show that I haven't mentioned, I think, is Grace and Frankie.
                          If you haven't seen The Gilmore Girls series, watch. Then watch the movies The Gilmore Girls - A Year in the Life.
                          On Amazon Prime, I've recently watched - The A Word (about a boy with autism)
                          I'm getting started with the first season of - [U]The Newsroom[U/]I watched most of:
                          • The Sopranos (a lot of bad language and violence in that)

I watch a lot of Hulu. We don't have either cable TV or a DVR. It's nice to be able to catch up on a network TV show "on demand" instead of needing to watch it when it is scheduled. Some of the shows I like to watch there include:
                          • All 4 Chicago shows: Chicago Med, Chicago PD, Chicago Fire, and Chicago Justice. I hadn't really taken note of any of them until this year, so I missed some of the earlier seasons of some of them.
                          • Shades of Blue
                          • Prison Break 2017 (I don't enjoy Season 5 as much as some of the other seasons. Seems to be more violent, and doesn't have much about Michael and Sarah's relationship yet.)
                          • Scandal

We really liked This Is Us when it was on before the season was over.I'll have to go back and re-read some other suggestions on this thread. I've watched a lot of them, but there are likely some that I haven't seen that I'll want to try.
                          Last edited by Mamabug; 06-04-2017, 11:55 PM.
                          ~ Faith
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Hi Faith,
                            We don't have 'cable' in Aus. may be the same but we call it pay tv/satellite. You get a small dish attached to your roof. I have only gotten it 6 months ago, the cheapest/basic package. i am quite limited with the shows that i get. But i find i enjoy the bbc/english comedy and cop shows the most.
                            'Inspector George Gently' contains very real people and scenarios and interactions and he has ms. I wouldn't say it is 'enjoyable' - can be sad- but it gives me a glimpse into a time gone and reminds me of my mother and grand mother/father etc. The series 'Call the Midwife' does this as well and shows the best of humanity.

I loved Anne of Green Gables. Even my sons liked it. I think its the 'real' characters' and dialog that allows the audience to identify with them and show depth of character that can be lacking in the very fast and disposable world of today. I saw one episode of the follow on to it i think a couple years ago and would like to get on dvd.

We also stream some movies and shows sometimes.

There is an Australian movie with Brian brown in, Called 'the Shiralee' that is very heart warming that i would like to recommend its about 20 yrs old and may be hard to find.

Happy watching,
                            Caroline.

Comment

Catching up on this hot Southern California day on some of my recent watching opinions:

Billions on Showtime - second season was good.
                              The Leftovers on HBO - third and final season was disappointing to me.
                              Big Little Lies on HBO - enjoyed.
                              House of Cards on Netflix - 5th season was really good, now hearing they might do a 6th season but nothing announced yet.

Now trying to find the next little tv nugget to watch. lol

Comment

I watched the first episode of Our Mississippi. It's free on AmazAmazon Prime. I think I'll enjoy it. Here is the description

Tig returns to Mississippi from LA
                                after receiving news her mother will be taken off of life support following an unexpected fall. Recovering from both a mastectomy,Tig moves in temporarily alongside her brother and her stepfather. While caring for family affairs after Caroline's death, Tig learns about her mother's past as it was lived, rather than as Tig first remembered it, and in doing so rediscovers life in Mississippi.
                                ~ Faith
                                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                                X