What are you Watching on Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished Daredevil...

Trying to decide what to watch next. I probably should catch up on all my regular shows I watch during the week since my DVR is at 88% , but I get addicted to my Netflix shows.

Comment

I just finished bingeing(sp) "The Last Kingdom." It's so unlike current times, it's a great escape.

Then I watched the movie "Children of Men," which I thought was amazing. It's dystopian, great director and cinematographer.

Lastly, last night I watched Armageddon. Not a very thought-provoking movie, but some actors who are fun to watch and a few great lines.
      All the best, ~G

Comment

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
        Just finished Daredevil...

Trying to decide what to watch next. I probably should catch up on all my regular shows I watch during the week since my DVR is at 88% , but I get addicted to my Netflix shows.

What did you think of Daredevil?

I got a few episodes in but it hasn’t stuck on me yet. Tempted to get back into it but now that I know it’s cancelled, not sure.

So many options...

Comment

Originally posted by gargantua View Post
          I just finished bingeing(sp) "The Last Kingdom." It's so unlike current times, it's a great escape.
          The Last Kingdom (I think) will be next on my list. So many options...

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMan View Post
            The Last Kingdom (I think) will be next on my list. So many options...
            Right on. I wish I had 3 seasons in my pocket. Savor it! Even if they have a lot of momentum, it will be a year or two before the next season. Cast of thousands.
            All the best, ~G

Comment

Question;

A friend told me the title of a program she enjoyed and has picked up again (new episodes available). I cannot remember the title so "search" is out.

A young female comedian, circa 1950's, "borscht belt" / Catskill Mts.... ring any bells?

Thanks, Jer

Comment

I just finished Daredevil. I thought it was good.

It sounds like season 4 could be on Disney.

Just started watching The Ranch with Ashton Kutcher,Sam Elliott,Debra Winger, and Danny Masterson

Find it hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                  Question;

A friend told me the title of a program she enjoyed and has picked up again (new episodes available). I cannot remember the title so "search" is out.

A young female comedian, circa 1950's, "borscht belt" / Catskill Mts.... ring any bells?

Thanks, Jer
                  The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Sorry that is so huge - cut n' paste!
                  All the best, ~G

Comment

Originally posted by gargantua View Post
                    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
                    That's available on Amazon Prime.
                    ~ Faith
                    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

re; The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Mamabug....

Thanks also gargantua. So not on Netflix. Ok!

Jer

Comment

Originally posted by 90stangg View Post

I just finished Daredevil. I thought it was good.

It sounds like season 4 could be on Disney.

Just started watching The Ranch with Ashton Kutcher,Sam Elliott,Debra Winger, and Danny Masterson

Find it hilarious
                        i liked daredevil. Season 1 will always be my favorite but I really enjoyed this one. I think the ranch is somewhere in my list. I might start that next

Comment

I just finished watching "Reign" which is about Mary Queen of Scots. I enjoyed it a bit--it held my interest enough.

I'm waiting until there are more episodes of "The Crown." I really enjoyed this show.

I also enjoy watching the reality type shows.

I just finished watching "Instant Hotel", my girls liked watching "Zumbo's Just Desserts" with me.

I'm currently watching "7 days out" which is just ok. I haven't been in a hurry to get back to the next episode, so I don't know that I'd recommend it unless you were bored and had nothing else in mind.

I tried to watch the following series but I just couldn't get into them.

"The Kominsky Method"
                          "BodyGuard"
                          "Schitts Creek"

There seemed to be a lot of recommendations for House of Cards, so I think I'll have to check that out!

Mamabug--we're right there with you--no cable. Netflix works great for us and we also have Amazon Prime, but I think that's really underutilized in our house!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                            Question;

Thanks, Jer
                            I wish I could help you. I did a search without much luck. Is it a movie or a series? Was it made circa 1950's, or made later but set in the 1950's?

Here is a link about a movie titled The Rise and Fall of the Borscht Belt:
                            - From the 1920s to the 1960s, nearly a million Jews from New York City and around the country travel to country resorts in the fresh air of the Catskill Mountains -- also known as the Borscht Belt -- for the summer months. Eventually, the Borscht Belt becomes a breeding ground for up-and-coming comedians and entertainers, including Rodney Dangerfield, Phyllis Diller and Don Rickles. In this documentary, director Peter Davis examines the rise and eventual decline of the Borscht Belt phenomenon.

And some movies set in the Catskill Mountains. http://www.liquisearch.com/catskill_..._the_catskills
                            ~ Faith
                            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by hsmaldo View Post
                              I'm waiting until there are more episodes of "The Crown." I really enjoyed this show.
                              I spent some of my downtime this week watching this (catching up to my wife), I agree! Bring on season 3.

I read that they have different actors signed for season 3 & 4 to address the later years of Elizabeth’s reign (for example, Helena Bonham Carter takes over as Princess Margaret).

Comment

Just finished The Good Place and the choose your own ending episode of Black Mirror. Not sure what to think about the Black Mirror episode it was interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X