Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 1/15/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 1/15/15

Hi Everyone. It’s so good to see old and new faces metaphorically speaking. Can you believe January is half over. We no longer have the excuse of “The Holiday’s Made Me Do It.” It is time to forge ahead with our plans to get rid of those unwanted pounds and to keep them off. Try to keep in mind why you want to get your weight down and to keep it down. Sometimes we lose site of our initial goal and enthusiasm. Allow yourselves to feel excited with each small step accomplished along the way. We are all in this together. Rejoice at the success of others who show it can be done. Most of all, rejoice in your own success.

I am happy to report that I lost a pound this week so now weigh 118. I am trying my best to keep up my enthusiasm to lose those extra three pounds.

Agate, my goodness you are going through a lot with your dental woes. I’m surprised you can eat at all! That is great that you are holding your own with weight. I will be surprised if you don’t lose this week with food restrictions from your dental work. Best wishes.

Mamabug, I am glad to hear Seasha can provide information about your well being. It sounds like you have been doing well. I’ll put you down for 1.2 pounds based on your memory of weight. Keep fighting the good fight.

Hsmaldo, I hope you are well and that we will see you soon.

Malaholic, it’s good to see you back. I am very impressed that you didn’t seem to gain while on vacation. If you have a tip about how you did that by all means let us know. You said that you think you are about the same since your last weighin so I will put down as such. Best wishes.

hlburke87, count the week as a success. Staying the same means you did not gain which is progress. Remember that staying the same is just the time for waiting for the next loss. Just keep working at it.

Poohb3ar, don’t discount your loss. As we all know every fraction of a pound is success and one more step toward your final goal. I eat a fair amount of yogurt and do like non fat Greek. The kind I get is really rich and creamy. You might want to experiment with different brands. Keep up the good work.

Portia, so sorry to hear you have been sick and hope you have recovered completely. That is a boon that you lost over a pound but sorry that it coincided with your illness. I wish you the best for continuing to lose even when you are well. Keep up the momentum.

Ailsinngrace, sorry to miss you but hope we hear from you this week. Be well.

Barrister16, good luck with your weighin. It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I am intrigued by your information about the Wii Fit. It sounds like an excellent tool. I do hope it helps with your balance which is a problem for many of us. Let us know how it works out for you. Keep up your enthusiasm.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for eleven years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week.

Let’s hear it for the Microwave. Some authorities on weight loss discourage microwaving because of all the problems with processed foods, too much salt, high in calories, etc. Some of us can not easily cook on the stove or in the oven because of disabilities, however. The truth is that many fresh and frozen non processed foods can be microwaved even when package directions say not to do so. I have found ways to microwave frozen fish successfully. I do so by first using the defrost setting and turning the fish as directed on the dial. Then I cook one minute on each side. That may be sufficient but if it is not I continue to cook using small increments. I have had salmon turn out very well and to be thoroughly cooked without drying. I have also had good success with frozen meat such as turkey burgers. I have had great success with fresh vegetables using the veggie setting on the dial. Sweet potatoes may need a little additional cooking if they are large. Try experimenting and you may be pleasantly surprised. You can have a fast healthy meal with none of it processed.

Weight loss Results for 1-8-15:

Total Loss:

3.7 pounds by three members. Congratulations to all who got rid of those unwanted pounds. You three are our inspiration for this week.

Total Gain:

1 pound by one member. I confess. It is I. Reporting gains is a sign of commitment to the process. It serves also as a message to others to beware.

Stayed the same:

3 members. Good going. As we know, staying the same truly is success, especially for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3641.1 is the total weight loss for the past 12 years. Now we have hit a new milestone. We have now lost over 1.75 tons in total. That means we only need to lose another approximately 400 pounds to reach two tons. That is awesome.

Check In

Bad news this week, I gained 2 pounds
    Dealing with really bad fatigue and it's that time of month.

hlburke87

Comment

Gained 0.8 lbs

1/8 : 133.8 lbs
      1/15: 134.6 lbs

Np. It's normal for me to fluctuate. And, I felt good about getting down to 132.8 within the past number of weeks. That usually means that I'll get there again soon.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

woohoo!

down 1.3 lbs for a weight of 157. not what i'd expected, but then i didn't follow the plan to a 't'. oh well!
        did find out i can live without added sugar! even in my coffee! breakthrough for me!
        plus only ate 1 bowl of cereal for the week! i grew up on cereal or poptarts for breakfast. at 52, rather ingrained (no pun intended) in you to eat like that!

mamab & hlburke, sorry about your gains. sounds like you'll have it back under control soon though!

good job shrink! too funny that your weight is below what my suggested goal weight is
        if i can follow in mamab's footsteps, i'd be happy!
        learning that i can eat protein & veges as my main foods this past 2 wks has been a breakthrough.

until next week...

take care & God bless ya'll!
        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

I'm at 166 now. Last week was 165.2. But I am finally not sick anymore. Isn't it weird how sometimes you don't realize just how bad you feel until you start to feel good again? Yay for antibiotics

I stumbled upon a book at the library with dietary recommendations designed for people with different health conditions or different goals such as fat loss. Each section has a list of foods, and I compiled a list of the foods that I enjoy that show up in the lists for MS/Autoimmune, Fat Loss, and Thyroid. It's broken down by food type: meats, veggies, fruits, seasonings. Anyway, I am going to use it as a guide when I shop, and try to eat healthier overall. More salmon, fruits, and veggies.

Have a good week, all of you.
          Portia

Comment

Originally posted by poohb3ar View Post

... learning that i can eat protein & veges as my main foods this past 2 wks has been a breakthrough.
            Yes; my strategy exactly. I eat very little gluten, since I have some intolerances, and I just don't bother with most other grains either, because they are starchy and tend to add weight to me, I think. (I do eat oatmeal, and i'm not willing to give up an occasional evening popcorn, though.)

I can get the carbs that my body requires through vegetables, and it seems a much healthier choice than breads and pasta and crackers, etc.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Lost 0.8

112.0 today and feeling good about it!

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post
              If you have a tip about how you did that by all means let us know.
              I think one tip I used come from you - basically to use a smaller plate to trick yourself into better portion control! Additionally I've taken to trying to fill the plate in order of "healthiest stuff first" - so first thing on the plate is the salad, then veggies, etc. so that only smaller portions of the more calorie-dense sides or mains will fit.

I did snack more than I wanted for the first week or so (I tried to resist my mom's baking but in the end I was too weak!) so to atone for that I upped my exercise. I tagged along to her Zumba classes 3x a week, and went for a couple of jogs. I am early in my MS journey, and am lucky to be able to do those things still, at least for now. It will be much harder to keep up on exercise now that I'm back to the grind; the workday saps my energy and leaves me feeling blah.

Portia I'm so glad you are feeling better. That book sounds interesting - would you share the title? I might want to look it up.

Sx since 2007; Dx Oct. 2014. Started Copaxone after Dx...praying that it's working!

Comment

Malaholic, the book is called Practical Paleo. I am not on a paleo diet, but I have cut most bread out of my diet and have long had a goal to eat more fruits, veggies, and good proteins. I enjoy steel cut oats, wild rice, pita chips with hummus, and some other things I just won't give up.

The book has some good looking recipes in it, plus handy information on food nutrients, where to get various vitamins, foods that contain anti-inflammatory compounds, etc. I like how it's organized, and I love cookbooks anyway
                Portia

Comment

Holding at 116 and very happy about it even though I still don't have my dental fix. I'm hoping that the weeks of being obliged to do without crunchy, chewy, or sticky foods will help to break me of the habit of taking in more calories than I need.

It's very nice not to have my clothes feel as if they can just barely be buttoned or zipped because there's too much of me going into them.

I love the smaller plate idea! I never use a full-sized dinner plate any more.

And I wish restaurants would stop giving such enormous portions. I realize they want to show you that you're getting something "substantial" for the money you're spending but it just encourages people to eat bigger servings in general--and the food that's wasted is shameful.
                  MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
                  X